Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Help? Issues & first time user.

Okay. so I brought my dad a new galaxy note 3 cause he said he wanted it.

Hes not exactly tech savvy or really know how to speak English fluently so I have to set up his phone for him. I moved contacts (painfully slow) from the iPhone 5.

I'm trying to add his email accounts but it keeps saying its not working & I've almost totally given up on it. I've tried to sign into a google account and it tells me that it could take a few minutes. I wait and nothing happens. It gives me the not connected to the internet & I know my wifi is working cause every other device in the house is working fine with the wifi.

And then i tried going on the web browser thing & it wont connect to any site.

I really dont know whats wrong with it & google hasn't spit out any answers.

Default Re: Help? Issues & first time user.

Welcome to Android Central! Forgive me if any of these are dumb questions:

1. You're certain that the Note's wi-fi is turned on, right?
    2. Assuming wi-fi is turned on, did you connect to the home wi-fi network? If so, does it say "Connected" and do you see a strong wi-fi signal indicator in the Notifications?
    3. Check your device's date and time--is it correct? If it doesn't match the true date & time from the network, it'll have trouble connecting.
    4. Have you tried rebooting the router (by unplugging its power, then plugging it back in again after 10 seconds)? Just because other devices connect ok doesn't mean rebooting the router won't help.