1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default group text message sent from an email

When i receive an text message that was sent from an email address and that message was a group message why do I get the message in MMS format? This is really annoying as it takes longer for me to receive the MMS and when I reply to the message it replies to everyone it was sent out to. Before I got my Note 3 and went to ATT I was with Sprint and had a Motorola Photon and did not have these problems. I have tried messaging apps and nothing seems to work. I am not sure if it is an ATT network thing or not. I am currently using the stock text messaging app and NO third party app for messaging. Also this format is how I get overtime. I currently use (phone#)@txt.att.net. I have tried the (phone #)@mms.att.net and when I use it I get sequential numbers and have a hard time tracking who sent the email. Hope my question / problem makes sense.

What I would ideally like to happen is:
    1 receive the email sent text and not have to download it
    2 be able to reply to the sender only and not everyone it was sent to

Any help would be nice and thanks for the help

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: group text message sent from an email

Text (SMS) is the old pager protocol - one transmission to one receiver. There's no provision in the protocol for group messaging.

" I currently use (phone#)@txt.att.net" Try using .

(I don't know what Sprint was doing, but it wasn't SMS - there's just no way to send a "group SMS". You can send a group text message, but one of the ways to do that is to send an email with CC or BCC addresses. A "group SMS" is like a feline dog - there's no such thing.)