- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
group text message sent from an email
When i receive an text message that was sent from an email address and that message was a group message why do I get the message in MMS format? This is really annoying as it takes longer for me to receive the MMS and when I reply to the message it replies to everyone it was sent out to. Before I got my Note 3 and went to ATT I was with Sprint and had a Motorola Photon and did not have these problems. I have tried messaging apps and nothing seems to work. I am not sure if it is an ATT network thing or not. I am currently using the stock text messaging app and NO third party app for messaging. Also this format is how I get overtime. I currently use (phone#)@txt.att.net. I have tried the (phone #)@mms.att.net and when I use it I get sequential numbers and have a hard time tracking who sent the email. Hope my question / problem makes sense.
What I would ideally like to happen is:
1 receive the email sent text and not have to download it
2 be able to reply to the sender only and not everyone it was sent to
Any help would be nice and thanks for the help
- 02-22-2014, 10:57 PM #2
Re: group text message sent from an email
Text (SMS) is the old pager protocol - one transmission to one receiver. There's no provision in the protocol for group messaging.
" I currently use (phone#)@txt.att.net" Try using email@example.com.
(I don't know what Sprint was doing, but it wasn't SMS - there's just no way to send a "group SMS". You can send a group text message, but one of the ways to do that is to send an email with CC or BCC addresses. A "group SMS" is like a feline dog - there's no such thing.)
- By woodynorman in forum HTC One M7Replies: 5Last Post: 02-17-2014, 10:02 PM
- By Chuck Dee in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 02-17-2014, 06:17 AM
- By zaydabarber in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 02-17-2014, 01:12 AM
- By sierrajinx9 in forum VerizonReplies: 0Last Post: 02-16-2014, 11:38 PM
- By HiMynameisMattyK in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 0Last Post: 02-16-2014, 10:18 PM