Help, note 3 unlocked now what?

ruckhard

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Here's my story, my wife had purchased a new note 3 from some person on Facebook well it turns out the phone is unlocked and doesn't get 4g LTE, if the phone gets 3gh+ will it affect my billing? Currently I have unlimited data plan through AT&T. Is there any way I can get the gps or weather app to work on her phone? Also she noticed the speaker is very low. When we were talking she could barely hear me. I feel so bad for her because all she wanted was this phone and now I'm afraid she got scammed. Any help will be very much appreciated.

ruckhard

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Dang fellas, well after going through her phone and looking at the packaging I believe she bought a fake :-/ she says she's happy with it but I know she's just trying mot to make a bad deal worse .....you can tap on the screen pretty hard and the colors don't leak through, but the battery is made in China, the box it came with doesn't close together all the way. The S-pen is just a glorified stick and to top it of the speakers suck and on phone calls you can barely here the person on the other end.

ruckhard

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way you can find out that it's not a fake considering those examples I listed up top? When I turn the phone of and on it does show a samsung symbol while powering off and when turning back on it will flash the samsung note 3 logo for a split second. Thanks for all of y'all's help, just trying to stay positive.... I tried to contact the seller and he deleted the for sale add and also inactivated his Facebook account.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way you can find out that it's not a fake considering those examples I listed up top? When I turn the phone of and on it does show a samsung symbol while powering off and when turning back on it will flash the samsung note 3 logo for a split second. Thanks for all of y'all's help, just trying to stay positive.... I tried to contact the seller and he deleted the for sale add and also inactivated his Facebook account.

Perhaps this thread can help you out some:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=354669

Posted via Android Central App

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Sounds more like he just sold you a pos phone.

But if you want to really be sure.
Call the carrier it is branded with and have them check their imei database for your phones imei.

It "should" still be listed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
However no lte is a giveaway of international. Now if your on another carrier from what your branded it can happen to, even with the same frequency but if its feom overseas, which still could be leget, the lte frequencys are diffrent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

ruckhard

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes he did sell her a pos phone, we called AT&T and the imei is not listed. Oh well you live and you learn but man can shake the feeling of being taken advantage off away

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781