1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hangouts on Note 3

So I am trying to like Hangouts, but Google is making it difficult...
    Issues: No pop up quick reply or to make a new text. Does not wake the screen on incoming text and its biggest failing is it will not forward pics. It gives the option to forward but the recipient only gets a text that says "1 forwarded item", but the pic is not there.

Anyone else have these problems or know when our if these issues will be addressed? I've sent numerous feedbacks to Google with no response.

I've switched to Evolve SMS until Hangouts is fixed.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

Default Re: Hangouts on Note 3

I know that when I send a picture, it creates a link for someone to follow to view the picture. Kind of aggravating to be honest. I have sent feedback several times myself with no response.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Not even a link when I try it, just text.

why not use the samsung message app?

and because the note3 is made by Samsung......I think the log has to go to them

Wife (4S) and I (N3) used to use Hangouts, then BBM and now we use ChatOn. It rocks! Why type when we can push the button and talk and the voice message goes through. Why type when talking is so much better, at least for me. She is getting tired of " Honey I'm almost home, get my beer ready" It's a PITA to set up , but whens it's done, it's time for a beer!
    Last edited by kway_NY; 02-21-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvin Kerns View Post
    So I am trying to like Hangouts, but Google is making it difficult...
    Issues: No pop up quick reply or to make a new text. Does not wake the screen on incoming text and its biggest failing is it will not forward pics. It gives the option to forward but the recipient only gets a text that says "1 forwarded item", but the pic is not there.

Anyone else have these problems or know when our if these issues will be addressed? I've sent numerous feedbacks to Google with no response.

I've switched to Evolve SMS until Hangouts is fixed.

Fortunately when I switch phones, I drag my hubby along with me but he did choose the Note 3 when given the choice of any Android. We text back and forth with both Hangouts and ChatOn and of course it works perfectly given we have the same phone. I don't recall forwarding pics to anyone except my hubby (originating from an iPhone) but I have sent them directly using Hangouts without complaint. I just wish emoticons were standard between different OS's. Seems everyone uses something different but at least me and my husband are in perfect sync.