Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By capricepusha
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Crash Issue with Phone Icon & Messaging (Note 3)

It's really blowing my mind. Sometimes when I click the phone icon and click on someone's name in my call log it freezes. Same thing happens with the default messaging when I click on a message. Why does it do this? I've TROUBLESHOOTED pretty much everything and I don't know if it's the phone itself or what. Should I exchange it or what do you guys suggest? It used to freeze occasionally but the last week or so it has been horribly worse and I have to reset it 5-8 times a day. I've had the phone since release day. Please help and thanks

Default Re: Crash Issue with Phone Icon & Messaging (Note 3)

Quote Originally Posted by capricepusha View Post
    It's really blowing my mind. Sometimes when I click the phone icon and click on someone's name in my call log it freezes. Same thing happens with the default messaging when I click on a message. Why does it do this? I've TROUBLESHOOTED pretty much everything and I don't know if it's the phone itself or what. Should I exchange it or what do you guys suggest? It used to freeze occasionally but the last week or so it has been horribly worse and I have to reset it 5-8 times a day. I've had the phone since release day. Please help and thanks
    do you turn off phone sometimes? or it is always on 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by capricepusha View Post
    You may want to wipe the cache partition..
    I did mine yesterday and it certainly made a difference in how much more responsive it is..
    Could help with your problem.. Also remove battery and replace it..
    These are only guesses but may help you..
    Good luck..
    Keep us posted..

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

I'd exchange it. I've had both of mine on for days at a time with no problem.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnydigs View Post
    You may want to wipe the cache partition..
    I did mine yesterday and it certainly made a difference in how much more responsive it is..
    Could help with your problem.. Also remove battery and replace it..
    These are only guesses but may help you..
    Good luck..
    Keep us posted..
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    I'd exchange it. I've had both of mine on for days at a time with no problem.
    I went to an AT&T warranty store and they had to reset the phone. I believe it fixed the problem and I get a fresh start anyway. Was able to save my numbers and pics with a SD card. I thought they was gonna give me another phone lol but its worked out ok. Thanks for the help.
    Sonnydigs likes this.