Just had a software update on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - It's not Kit Kat

almarsh78

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Woke up to my phone rebooting and saw that it was installing a system update. Still on 4.3 though...anyone know what this update was for?

Posted via Android Central App

CRUZR

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
re: Just had a software update on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - It's not Kit Kat

Hadn't heard of any current updates... I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

rz22g

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Note 3 was updating and completee. Says 4.3 and i see no changes. I thought 4.4 was suppose to be pushing.

Last edited:

CRUZR

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
re: Just had a software update on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - It's not Kit Kat

Mine just did it. Just updated but didn't say what it was, except an update. ..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

B0omSLanG

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Same here, unfortunately. I wonder if AT&T is updating to be compatible with the 4.4 roll out? rz22g, where did you get the "pushing" info?

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

Was 38.47MB for the update.

CRUZR

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

I prefer to have a choice about updating to 4.4.2 myself. I have yet to update my 2 Nexus 7 ' s cause of the (potential) problems and lack of fixes for them. My ph almost works perfectly and prefer to wait till all the fixes are out for the update. That is assuming we will get the same type of problems that other Note 3 folks have gotten when updating to 4.4.2.
Wish we would always receive something telling us what these updates are actually doing...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Me to. Just looked and it updated. Don't know what it was though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Actually I think it updated itself. Pulled out of pocket and it said update completed

adam13141

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure what this update was for, but I am sure I lost root. This sucks, my fault though for not freezing updates. Hopefully the Kingo root method will still work but I haven't heard for sure.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Very weird... I wonder if AT&T was just fixing a few things they found but trying to keep it hush hush ha.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I think it was just getting our phones ready for kit kat.

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

It added Google drive on my phone which wasn't there prior to the update.

clborden

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

So other than adding Google Drive, nobody has seen an actual difference? Like previously stated, it's most likely a prep for KitKat.

BizzyB

May 22, 2010
Visit site

I was hoping it was a fix for the broken GPS, but if not, hopefully it is a prep for KitKat and they'll fix it then. I love this phone, but the GPS software bugs are pissing me off.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Wish someone actually could tell us what it was.

Baugherb

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Same here just finished mine..

Baugherb

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I have a new icon tab with a flash light icon and other stuff.. hmmmm.

Baugherb

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Shows ram recent and alarm along with flashlight icons..

Baugherb

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

****. Never mind. It was from a app update. Sorry...