Just had a software update on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - It's not Kit Kat

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
re: Just had a software update on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - It's not Kit Kat

I was hoping it was a fix for the broken GPS, but if not, hopefully it is a prep for KitKat and they'll fix it then. I love this phone, but the GPS software bugs are pissing me off.
Off topic but what GPS bugs are you seeing?
I just used my new AT&T GN3 on a recent business trip in SoCal and it worked fine

csmith954

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
re: Just had a software update on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - It's not Kit Kat

I just updated my phone. I hope 4.4 is coming out soon.

pappyfire

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Mine updated this morning around 8A Central. I poked around a little and didn't see anything different. Hopefully you guys are right and it's in preparation for KK.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I think its kind of crappy that they don't let you know what's being installed on your phone!!!!!!

Update Interrupted, Try again in 24 hours...LOL! Updated my time ahead 24hrs, still says interrupted, try again in 24 hours. Oh well, guess I'll just hang out.

Last edited:

rz22g

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Sorry.. I just meant that I heard 4.4 was going out, not necessarily to att note 3. When I saw mine updating I just assumed that's what it would be.

Posted via Android Central App

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

All it did for me is reset the damn ATT message center and I had to go disable it again.

ATT N3

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

My install keeps failing at 31%.

Halen16

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

Ya.... I can't see any difference

Posted via Pebble steel (ya if it would ship)

Joshua Wise

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

I just did the update manually tonight and so far I don't see any difference on my phone other than the new build number. Its still on 4.3 and I'm hoping like everyone else its a prep for 4.4.2.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Compatibility update for KitKat, I guess.

My sister recently had KK on her Note 3. Can't say it runs well because I don't use it much. :p

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I just did the update manually tonight and so far I don't see any difference on my phone other than the new build number. Its still on 4.3 and I'm hoping like everyone else its a prep for 4.4.2.

What is the build #? Mine keeps telling me that I have the latest...and tells me to try again in 1,00000 million hours (jking). Trying to determine if it did it and I didn't catch it.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping it was a fix for the broken GPS, but if not, hopefully it is a prep for KitKat and they'll fix it then. I love this phone, but the GPS software bugs are pissing me off.

Gps software bugs?? Hmm, I've yet to have any problems.

But yes mine updated and I'm sure it's just paving the way for kitkat.

mastaofdacat

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
No ...no GPS fix. Here, from android website is the changelog
e3e7uvyr.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

chuco35

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I often lose GPS while on the road. I notice it when I use my navigation apps. I work around it by turning my GPS off and on again. Works like a charm, but it is disconcerting.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I often lose GPS while on the road. I notice it when I use my navigation apps. I work around it by turning my GPS off and on again. Works like a charm, but it is disconcerting.

This used to happen all the time when I had the s3 and used Google maps. Very frustrating indeed. With the n3 I've only lost it once, knock on wood.

B0omSLanG

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Yup, it's horrible. It happens to me whenever 4G LTE switches to 4G. Signal shouldn't be lost but it is.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine updated by itself too. It woke me at like 6:30 or something in the morning when the phone rebooted and made that stupid AT&T noise.

I've also had issues with it losing GPS signal, but I don't use it all that often. I'm hopeful this update will correct that. But yeah, bring forth Kit Kat! :)

Rob