New (fake) N3 User

chitoz28

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
So I got a Note 3, when I look around for some "tips and tricks" my phone doesn't look like anything out there. My phone is a SM-N900 with 4.3. Thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited:

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: New N3 User

Go in to settings - click on general at the top right and click on about phone at the bottom. It should look like this. If not then you might have a fake.
uploadfromtaptalk1393453604454.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Here is another screenshot from the main settings screen
uploadfromtaptalk1393454610210.jpg

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Yep you have a fake Note 3

So who exactly makes the fakes and why? I mean I know there are fake electronics and other products but to fake the n3 seems a bit much.

Posted via Android Central App

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

They are made in China. There are fake Iphones, Galaxy s3, notes. What cracks me up is the fake iPhone has android on them.

chitoz28

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Well, my situation, this guy wanted to trade his Note 3 for an S4, and I did, now he has a legit phone and I have ****.

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Wow... So sorry about that. I would hunt him down and do bad things that are illegal. If you have your IME number from your phone I would have att shut it off as a lost phone.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Well, my situation, this guy wanted to trade his Note 3 for an S4, and I did, now he has a legit phone and I have ****.

When my wife got her s4 off of eBay I went through and checked all the registration numbers with Samsung and ATT. Never can be sure these days.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

So who exactly makes the fakes and why? I mean I know there are fake electronics and other products but to fake the n3 seems a bit much.

They fake just about everything but they do get in trouble when they're caught. They fake any brand name goods whether it's clothing to electronics, anything they can copy cheaply and make a big profit on. They're like the mafia or such.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

chitoz28

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

That's a good idea Kentuc, or maybe a STOLEN phone. Of course the ad was deleted, but I did find another ad with his phone number selling marijuana products. I will find him, I will...

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

They fake just about everything but they do get in trouble when they're caught. They fake any brand name goods whether it's clothing to electronics, anything they can copy cheaply and make a big profit on. They're like the mafia or such.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

I've seen plenty of the fake handbags and other designer lines but expensive electronics, that's a whole different ballgame and certainly more involved.

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

They sell a lot on eBay even saying they are fake. They are just knock offs and work good but nowhere near the quality or specs of the real thing. They are fine if you get one knowing what you are getting but to pass one off as a genuine article is a whole other subject. I truly feel the pain chitoz is going through right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non