Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yogi2000#AC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I really need some help w/ rooted AT&T Note 3

I recently rooted my note 3 with a kingo root and deleted some apps from the sys/apps folder and my phone has been acting weird ever since. Half the time I open my email it says it had a problem opening. How do I restore my phone to its factory state with all the apps that originally came with the phone? I have removed the kingo root and my phone does not say custom anymore. No more unlock icon when starting either. Knox is at 0x0. Please give me detailed instructions because I am unfamiliar with what roms are and android in general. I recently switched over from a long history of iphones.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-27-2014 at 08:51 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: I really need some help w/ rooted Note 3

Nobody knows? Factory reset on an iPhone is very easy. Is it really that hard.

I belive that Kingo root installs malware to your phone but the root does work. I belive that's why you ate getting these issues. And I belive the factory reset is in the back up and restore I your settings

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

The issues began when I started deleting bloatware. Can anyone tell me how to restore my phone to its factory state with all the apps??

Use Kingo to Unroot....then reboot....then do a factory reset by going Here: SETTINGS>GENERAL>BACKUP & RESET
    Last edited by H3aTeRzz; 02-27-2014 at 01:22 PM.
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I heard resets just clear personal data and that once you delete an app it is gone for good.

Default Re: I really need some help w/ rooted AT&T Note 3

Which firmware version are you on? From there we can find a way to restore your system. Perhaps the easiest way would be to keep root and install safestrap recovery, and then you can restore a backup of a stock system.

But yeah, it is certainly wise to make backups before uninstalling stuff. Or even just freezing stuff rather than uninstalling it. Especially since with this device we don't have a lot of stock firmware files, etc.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by yogi2000#AC View Post
    Which firmware version are you on? From there we can find a way to restore your system. Perhaps the easiest way would be to keep root and install safestrap recovery, and then you can restore a backup of a stock system.

But yeah, it is certainly wise to make backups before uninstalling stuff. Or even just freezing stuff rather than uninstalling it. Especially since with this device we don't have a lot of stock firmware files, etc.
    Im on NB4. I rerooted the phone and found the jobmanager.apk file that I deleted which caused certain apps to act weird and now the phone works good again. I still would would like to have a stock recovery. I wanna be able to update to 4.4.2 and do resets if i choose without bricking the device.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by inc55 View Post
    Im on NB4. I rerooted the phone and found the jobmanager.apk file that I deleted which caused certain apps to act weird and now the phone works good again. I still would would like to have a stock recovery. I wanna be able to update to 4.4.2 and do resets if i choose without bricking the device.
    Gotcha. I actually made a backup of NB4 with nothing removed, using safestrap recovery. The only thing it has is root which is easily removed if desired.

I could put it in my Dropbox and post a link here later on if you like. When the time comes it can be restored with safestrap. (I won't include my data of course)
    Thanked by:
    inc55 
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by yogi2000#AC View Post
    Gotcha. I actually made a backup of NB4 with nothing removed, using safestrap recovery. The only thing it has is root which is easily removed if desired.

I could put it in my Dropbox and post a link here later on if you like. When the time comes it can be restored with safestrap. (I won't include my data of course)
    That would be greatly appreciated. Some instructions would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by inc55 View Post
    That would be greatly appreciated. Some instructions would be nice too.
    I'm uploading them now, but its gonna take a while lol. I'm putting them in their own thread so others can find them easily, will post the link when it's done.

I'm putting up the backup that can be restored in Safestrap recovery, and also just the system folder pulled from the device, so in case you remember exactly what you removed, you can just take it from there and put it back into your system.

I don't see a thread for Safestrap here, but if no one minds you can learn about it and how to use it here: . You won't have to create ROM slots and all that if you don't want, you'll just need to install it and restore the backup
    Last edited by yogi2000#AC; 02-28-2014 at 06:15 PM.

i finally got the files uploaded and made a thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-s...s-restore.html

let me know if the links take you to download the files...(never hosted files on Google Drive before)

hope it helps you!
    Thanked by:
    H3aTeRzz likes this.