AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Stock NB4 System Dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CETO5oJqxFYThxc096ZG9BUVU/edit?usp=sharing

Stock NB4 System Restore(Safestrap): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CETO5oJqxFVENCOGZqZWZPQjg/edit?usp=sharing

The above can be used to restore your system to stock NB4. The system dump is pulled directly from the device, so files can be pulled from there and replaced into your system(in case you deleted apps and don't have them backed up). The Safestrap system restore is a backup made of a stock NB4 system with nothing removed, and can be restored in Safestrap recovery by putting the extracted folder in the same place as your other Safestrap backup go(TWRP/BACKUPS/*device serial number*).

Note: the backup does contain root, which can be easily removed thru the SuperSu app.

Last edited by a moderator:

inc55

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

Once restored with safestrap, will my phone be like it was from the box (plus the root)? Would I be able to do a data wipe in the future or would that brick the phone? I want my phone to be as stock as possible.

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

i was just thinking i can't remember if i installed Xposed Framework before taking the backup. it's an extremely minor thing and if i did it also can be easily uninstalled with the app. but if you want, let me wipe and uninstall everything and re-upload a backup that is positively bare. then i'll even do a factory reset to test it so you don't have to mess with it.

inc55

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

That is awfully kind of you. If you don't mind it. Thank you again for all your help.

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

no problem, i should have done it that way to begin with. here's what i did now: uninstall everything like Xposed, Safestrap, root, etc., then performed a factory reset from within the settings menu to make sure it's safe, then after the reset i did the bare minimum: re-rooted and re-installed Safestrap to make the backup :cool:

so, it is a very pure backup now. give it a few hours for it to finish uploading...

inc55

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

it's up, whenever you might need it..

So I replaced every app I deleted with your system folder. Hopefully this will make the phone stable again. I will wait for the kit kat update to further stabilize the phone. If kit kat fails I will resort to safestrap. Thanks a whole bunch for all your help.

Last edited:

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

So I replaced every app I deleted with your system folder. Hopefully this will make the phone stable again. I will wait for the kit kat update to further stabilize the phone. If kit kat fails I will resort to safestrap. Thanks a whole bunch for all your help.

You're welcome, sounds good. You could even count the number of files in /system/app to make sure you have everything put back. Its a lot of files in there tho!

Do you have an app like Titanium Backup? You can just freeze bloat apps and stuff that you don't want active... Then later its super easy to defrost them.

Jose Luna3

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
is there a way to do this thru odin cuz im stuck on the boot logo and i need a NB4 MD5,TAR file for this
Stock NB4 System Dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CETO5oJqxFYThxc096ZG9BUVU/edit?usp=sharing

Stock NB4 System Restore(Safestrap): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CETO5oJqxFVENCOGZqZWZPQjg/edit?usp=sharing

The above can be used to restore your system to stock NB4. The system dump is pulled directly from the device, so files can be pulled from there and replaced into your system(in case you deleted apps and don't have them backed up). The Safestrap system restore is a backup made of a stock NB4 system with nothing removed, and can be restored in Safestrap recovery by putting the extracted folder in the same place as your other Safestrap backup go(TWRP/BACKUPS/*device serial number*).

Note: the backup does contain root, which can be easily removed thru the SuperSu app.

Jose Luna3

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
im like really stuck i dont know what to do not even safestrap boots up it just stays in samsung galaxy note custom screen, i have tried everything BUT a NB4 stock rom which is NO WHERE to be found:':)confused:

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
im like really stuck i dont know what to do not even safestrap boots up it just stays in samsung galaxy note custom screen, i have tried everything BUT a NB4 stock rom which is NO WHERE to be found:':)confused:

Yeah that's the problem is we only have limited Odin flashable files available for our device. There is an MI9 file on Samfirmware.com but as I understand it our locked boot loader won't let us flash an earlier firmware version.

Do you have Safestrap installed? If you are at a bootloop and don't already have Safestrap installed, you might have to head over to our device forum on XDA and try the methods there(since I haven't seen them posted here). What I posted here is for if you already have Safestrap installed, or can install it somehow(but I believe you have to be able to boot into your system to install it.. Unless there is another way)

On XDA there is a way to full flash the MJ5 firmware but you have to find out if you would be able to do that.

inc55

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I just tried to install your rom and it instantly says failed. I hear that you cant install roms from different safestrap versions. What version of safestrap are you using?

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to install your rom and it instantly says failed. I hear that you cant install roms from different safestrap versions. What version of safestrap are you using?

Oh hey, it isn't a flashable zip like that. Like I said in the first post, extract the zip, then put the folder in the same place where your other Safestrap backups go. If you don't have a backup yet, make one in recovery(always essential to do anyway), then the backup directory will be either on your internal storage or external sdcard(you can choose which to use when you make the backup), and it will be located at /TWRP/BACKUPS/*device serial number*. You can find it using a file explorer or with your device connected to a PC.

Once the folder is in that location, you can choose 'restore' in recovery , then choose the nb4_safestrap backup that you put there. It might sound like a lot but its simple once you see it.

inc55

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I understand a lot more now so everything you said made perfect sense. I just put the files in the backup folder and it worked. I am now running your stock rom. Lets see if its stable. Thank you again bro. My phone was crashing very often because I deleted my magazine.

inc55

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious. What happens if I restore your rom to the stock slot? Do you recommend this? I just want my full hard drive space available.

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I understand a lot more now so everything you said made perfect sense. I just put the files in the backup folder and it worked. I am now running your stock rom. Lets see if its stable. Thank you again bro. My phone was crashing very often because I deleted my magazine.

No problem buddy, everything should be fine now. Should be all stock except for root!

inc55

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Could you please check out my above post and I also wanted to know if I can update to kitkit without any problems when the time comes.

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious. What happens if I restore your rom to the stock slot? Do you recommend this? I justb want my full hard drive space available.

Oh absolutely, thats what i did. you don't need any extra ROM slots at all, I didn't know you created any. If you want you can delete all your extra slots and just restore this to the stock slot... All it will do is overwrite the system portion where you removed stuff, but it will keep your data intact(just don't wipe data or anything before restoring).

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
And yes, the KitKat update should go thru fine. You can uninstall root perhaps, or some people even use survival mode to try and preserve root thru the update, but no one knows if that will work yet lol

inc55

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Are you certain about this? Many youtube videos are saying not to install in the stock rom. I would love to install in stock position.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad