Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Stock NB4 System Dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2C...it?usp=sharing

    Stock NB4 System Restore(Safestrap): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2C...it?usp=sharing


    The above can be used to restore your system to stock NB4. The system dump is pulled directly from the device, so files can be pulled from there and replaced into your system(in case you deleted apps and don't have them backed up). The Safestrap system restore is a backup made of a stock NB4 system with nothing removed, and can be restored in Safestrap recovery by putting the extracted folder in the same place as your other Safestrap backup go(TWRP/BACKUPS/*device serial number*).

    Note: the backup does contain root, which can be easily removed thru the SuperSu app.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-02-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Once restored with safestrap, will my phone be like it was from the box (plus the root)? Would I be able to do a data wipe in the future or would that brick the phone? I want my phone to be as stock as possible.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    i was just thinking i can't remember if i installed Xposed Framework before taking the backup. it's an extremely minor thing and if i did it also can be easily uninstalled with the app. but if you want, let me wipe and uninstall everything and re-upload a backup that is positively bare. then i'll even do a factory reset to test it so you don't have to mess with it.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    That is awfully kind of you. If you don't mind it. Thank you again for all your help.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    no problem, i should have done it that way to begin with. here's what i did now: uninstall everything like Xposed, Safestrap, root, etc., then performed a factory reset from within the settings menu to make sure it's safe, then after the reset i did the bare minimum: re-rooted and re-installed Safestrap to make the backup

    so, it is a very pure backup now. give it a few hours for it to finish uploading...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Quote Originally Posted by inc55 View Post
    That is awfully kind of you. If you don't mind it. Thank you again for all your help.
    it's up, whenever you might need it..
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Quote Originally Posted by yogi2000#AC View Post
    it's up, whenever you might need it..
    So I replaced every app I deleted with your system folder. Hopefully this will make the phone stable again. I will wait for the kit kat update to further stabilize the phone. If kit kat fails I will resort to safestrap. Thanks a whole bunch for all your help.
    Last edited by inc55; 03-02-2014 at 04:09 AM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Quote Originally Posted by inc55 View Post
    So I replaced every app I deleted with your system folder. Hopefully this will make the phone stable again. I will wait for the kit kat update to further stabilize the phone. If kit kat fails I will resort to safestrap. Thanks a whole bunch for all your help.
    You're welcome, sounds good. You could even count the number of files in /system/app to make sure you have everything put back. Its a lot of files in there tho!

    Do you have an app like Titanium Backup? You can just freeze bloat apps and stuff that you don't want active... Then later its super easy to defrost them.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    is there a way to do this thru odin cuz im stuck on the boot logo and i need a NB4 MD5,TAR file for this
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi2000#AC View Post
    Stock NB4 System Dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2C...it?usp=sharing

    Stock NB4 System Restore(Safestrap): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2C...it?usp=sharing


    The above can be used to restore your system to stock NB4. The system dump is pulled directly from the device, so files can be pulled from there and replaced into your system(in case you deleted apps and don't have them backed up). The Safestrap system restore is a backup made of a stock NB4 system with nothing removed, and can be restored in Safestrap recovery by putting the extracted folder in the same place as your other Safestrap backup go(TWRP/BACKUPS/*device serial number*).

    Note: the backup does contain root, which can be easily removed thru the SuperSu app.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    im like really stuck i dont know what to do not even safestrap boots up it just stays in samsung galaxy note custom screen, i have tried everything BUT a NB4 stock rom which is NO WHERE to be found
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Luna3 View Post
    im like really stuck i dont know what to do not even safestrap boots up it just stays in samsung galaxy note custom screen, i have tried everything BUT a NB4 stock rom which is NO WHERE to be found
    Yeah that's the problem is we only have limited Odin flashable files available for our device. There is an MI9 file on Samfirmware.com but as I understand it our locked boot loader won't let us flash an earlier firmware version.

    Do you have Safestrap installed? If you are at a bootloop and don't already have Safestrap installed, you might have to head over to our device forum on XDA and try the methods there(since I haven't seen them posted here). What I posted here is for if you already have Safestrap installed, or can install it somehow(but I believe you have to be able to boot into your system to install it.. Unless there is another way)

    On XDA there is a way to full flash the MJ5 firmware but you have to find out if you would be able to do that.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    I just tried to install your rom and it instantly says failed. I hear that you cant install roms from different safestrap versions. What version of safestrap are you using?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Quote Originally Posted by inc55 View Post
    I just tried to install your rom and it instantly says failed. I hear that you cant install roms from different safestrap versions. What version of safestrap are you using?
    Oh hey, it isn't a flashable zip like that. Like I said in the first post, extract the zip, then put the folder in the same place where your other Safestrap backups go. If you don't have a backup yet, make one in recovery(always essential to do anyway), then the backup directory will be either on your internal storage or external sdcard(you can choose which to use when you make the backup), and it will be located at /TWRP/BACKUPS/*device serial number*. You can find it using a file explorer or with your device connected to a PC.

    Once the folder is in that location, you can choose 'restore' in recovery , then choose the nb4_safestrap backup that you put there. It might sound like a lot but its simple once you see it.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    I understand a lot more now so everything you said made perfect sense. I just put the files in the backup folder and it worked. I am now running your stock rom. Lets see if its stable. Thank you again bro. My phone was crashing very often because I deleted my magazine.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    I'm curious. What happens if I restore your rom to the stock slot? Do you recommend this? I just want my full hard drive space available.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Quote Originally Posted by inc55 View Post
    I understand a lot more now so everything you said made perfect sense. I just put the files in the backup folder and it worked. I am now running your stock rom. Lets see if its stable. Thank you again bro. My phone was crashing very often because I deleted my magazine.
    No problem buddy, everything should be fine now. Should be all stock except for root!
  17. #17  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Could you please check out my above post and I also wanted to know if I can update to kitkit without any problems when the time comes.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Quote Originally Posted by inc55 View Post
    I'm curious. What happens if I restore your rom to the stock slot? Do you recommend this? I justb want my full hard drive space available.
    Oh absolutely, thats what i did. you don't need any extra ROM slots at all, I didn't know you created any. If you want you can delete all your extra slots and just restore this to the stock slot... All it will do is overwrite the system portion where you removed stuff, but it will keep your data intact(just don't wipe data or anything before restoring).
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    And yes, the KitKat update should go thru fine. You can uninstall root perhaps, or some people even use survival mode to try and preserve root thru the update, but no one knows if that will work yet lol
  20. #20  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Are you certain about this? Many youtube videos are saying not to install in the stock rom. I would love to install in stock position.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Quote Originally Posted by inc55 View Post
    Are you certain about this? Many youtube videos are saying not to install in the stock rom. I would love to install in stock position.
    I've had no issues at all. I've even made a backup of slot 1 and restored it to my stock slot. And this is nothing but the stock ROM with root. I think that might have been the case when ss first came out, that it didn't support flashing to the stock slot, but it definitely seems to work now. Check the saftstrap thread on XDA if you're unsure
    Thanked by:
    inc55 
    inc55 likes this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Oh ****... I was just about to write that I flashed to stock rom and my magazine still didn't work. I rebooted and now IT WORKS!!!!!!!!! I get to keep all my data and settings and my phone is back to normal!!!!! YAY! I love you man!!!!!!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    Ha, very cool, glad it worked out for ya! You can even delete your ROM slots other than the stock one, and then uninstall safestrap thru the app, in prep. for the ota update when that time comes. That's what I'm gonna do
    inc55 likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    yogi2000#AC IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

    If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

    Note 3 AT&T
  25. #25  

    Default Re: AT&T Note 3: Stock NB4 System Files and Restore

    ok...I said I wasn't going to root again, but it would seem that I was incorrect in that statement: LOL! I just did the restore to MJ5, using this <Link> that you turned me on to;. I stopped and did not root. Now, my question is, should/can I use Kingo root; or what other method of root do you recommend? I'm currently on NB4, and want to flash your stock NB4 rom to get rid of all the AT&T stuff.

    I want to be able to install safestrap and then use your provided NB4 rom in one of the slots.

    What are your orders sir? :-D
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

    If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

    Note 3 AT&T
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus 5: Possible to charge and output via Apple dock?
    By fommil in forum Nexus 5 Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2014, 03:27 PM
  2. App that opens Wav files in email?
    By pbc in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 10:28 AM
  3. Getting started help and S-Note question.
    By Ion_NotePro in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 12:39 PM
  4. And FTP
    By pianomanss87 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 10:09 AM
  5. i9506 process system isn't responding problem
    By psa47 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 09:19 AM

Posting Permissions