Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Control Freak

I've owned an iPhone since I've owned a smartphone and recently mad the switch - I'm glad I did!
    However, I was wondering and I haven't seem to have found an answer yet.
    Can you control what apps can use your location?
    Can you control what apps are "on" when you're using Data vs Wifi?

Default Re: Control Freak

Welcome to Android Central
    This is really for both questions...each app should have an option in settings for location reporting or location services. From there you can turn on the ones you do need and turn off the ones you don't.
    Same for syncing/backing up. Apps like Dropbox or the Google Play store have options for only downloading/uploading when connected to a WiFi network

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Welcome to Android Central
    This is really for both questions...each app should have an option in settings for location reporting or location services. From there you can turn on the ones you do need and turn off the ones you don't.
    Same for syncing/backing up. Apps like Dropbox or the Google Play store have options for only downloading/uploading when connected to a WiFi network

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Would this be under the location services?

Quote Originally Posted by bcxx143 View Post
    Would this be under the location services?
    No, it should be in each of the apps you're trying to turn the feature on or off for. For example, for Facebook, you would go to settings > app settings > messenger location services and turn that off if you don't want it. Other social networking apps probably have a similar setting
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

If you want to restrict an app to use wifi only you can go to settings data use and scroll down to the app you want and tap it. Then there is a check box to turn off background data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2: