Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By H3aTeRzz
  • 1 Post By mmohn01
  • 3 Post By dkhmwilliams
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Note 3: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    Is anyone else annoyed that AT&T is always last to provide updates to their phones? C'mon Man! Let's get that Kit Kat update rolling!!!!!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-05-2014 at 07:31 PM.
  2. #2  
    superbleester's Avatar

    Posts
    276 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    Seeing as how they are one of the US's largest mobile carriers they have to make sure everything works fine. Although I do agree that it is ridiculous how slow carriers can be, Verizon is way worse with updates.
    I've watched Android since day 1 and I can't believe what it has become.

    Phones: LG Optimus G Pro, LG Optimus L9, HTC Droid Eris, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Evo 4G LTE, HTC Incredible 2, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, Motorola Droid 2
    Tablets: Archos 7, Nexus 7 2013, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab+ 7.0, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    I can deal with the length of time it takes to get it right...what I have a hard time with is the stupid bloatware they force on you.....you want to add it, fine, at least allow me the option to uninstall if I KNOW i'm not going to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, had to vent!!
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

    If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

    Note 3 AT&T
  4. #4  
    superbleester's Avatar

    Posts
    276 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    Quote Originally Posted by H3aTeRzz View Post
    I can deal with the length of time it takes to get it right...what I have a hard time with is the stupid bloatware they force on you.....you want to add it, fine, at least allow me the option to uninstall if I KNOW i'm not going to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, had to vent!!
    If you want to remove it just disable it under settings-applications click on what you want and you can hit diable on most. That is the closest to uninstalling without root permissions.
    I've watched Android since day 1 and I can't believe what it has become.

    Phones: LG Optimus G Pro, LG Optimus L9, HTC Droid Eris, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Evo 4G LTE, HTC Incredible 2, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, Motorola Droid 2
    Tablets: Archos 7, Nexus 7 2013, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab+ 7.0, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air
  5. #5  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default Re: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    To be honest Verizon is typically the LAST to update anything AT&T did pretty well on the GS4 and I suspect the GN3 will be along shortly. If I recall Samsung had to go back and fix some things they broke with 3rd party accessories. Still it will be along and so far the carriers (except Verizon) have done pretty well on the 4.4.2 update compared to prior releases.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    Quote Originally Posted by superbleester View Post
    If you want to remove it just disable it under settings-applications click on what you want and you can hit diable on most. That is the closest to uninstalling without root permissions.

    Thanks, but I knew that, I was just making a point that its crappy that they force it on you. I bit the bullet earlier and rooted again, just to install the FireNote Rom and got rid of all that crap! LOL Feel much better now!
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

    If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

    Note 3 AT&T
  7. #7  
    mmohn01's Avatar

    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    Quote Originally Posted by H3aTeRzz View Post
    Thanks, but I knew that, I was just making a point that its crappy that they force it on you. I bit the bullet earlier and rooted again, just to install the FireNote Rom and got rid of all that crap! LOL Feel much better now!
    That is one thing Windows Phone has over Android. You can delete all of at&t's useless bloatware.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    I have to say that Verizon is the worse when it come to updates, but the best (my area) when it comes to reception. I think Verizon looks at it like...."take your time and get it right", which isn't a bad thing
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmohn01 View Post
    That is one thing Windows Phone has over Android. You can delete all of at&t's useless bloatware.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    With Android you can root to get rid of it.. It is an extra step but not that bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I have to say that Verizon is the worse when it come to updates, but the best (my area) when it comes to reception. I think Verizon looks at it like...."take your time and get it right", which isn't a bad thing
    Maybe.. Or it could be them adding more bloat.. Never know .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    I think that my own interest in updates is waning. I really don't care now when I get updates because I just became jaded in waiting for them. I used to be one of those who would see that the updated was officially being pushed to phones and I would check incessantly throughout the day until I got it. The update would come like a week later. No more of that. When it comes, it comes. I will deal. As far as the bloatware, I am starting to have a similar attitude. If I don't care anymore. The carriers aren't going to stop putting bloatware on phones and they aren't going to allow us to delete it, because they want us to think about using them. If I don't want to use the bloatware, I will simply disable them or just not use them. Not going to worry about it anymore.
    Thanked by 2:
    Spencerdl, H3aTeRzz and Baugherb like this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I think that my own interest in updates is waning. I really don't care now when I get updates because I just became jaded in waiting for them. I used to be one of those who would see that the updated was officially being pushed to phones and I would check incessantly throughout the day until I got it. The update would come like a week later. No more of that. When it comes, it comes. I will deal. As far as the bloatware, I am starting to have a similar attitude. If I don't care anymore. The carriers aren't going to stop putting bloatware on phones and they aren't going to allow us to delete it, because they want us to think about using them. If I don't want to use the bloatware, I will simply disable them or just not use them. Not going to worry about it anymore.
    THIS^^^......
  12. #12  
    jlh73's Avatar

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 3: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    Just curious actually how long it will be since the s4 already has it.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Note 3: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    2 weeks for s4 with their 4.4 update.

    Samsung note3 & tab 2 10.1
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Note 3: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

    Back When there Were features being added updates Were important . Anymore they Seem more like Minor software tweaks. lm quite happy With 4.3

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. HTC EVO 4G LTE: Last Update 4.13.651.4
    By mfreeland in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 09-30-2014, 01:22 PM
  2. T-Mobile Note 3: DON'T update if you value your SD card
    By Jax Omen in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 06:21 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 01:57 PM
  4. aaaaahhhhh my phone is three months old and it wont charge properly
    By MiaAndMarcus in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 11:38 PM
  5. AT&T Galaxy S3: Home Screen (Basic Mode) Trouble
    By mapenn in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions