Note 3: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

usafsp

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else annoyed that AT&T is always last to provide updates to their phones? C'mon Man! Let's get that Kit Kat update rolling!!!!!:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why is AT&T always last with phone updates?

Seeing as how they are one of the US's largest mobile carriers they have to make sure everything works fine. Although I do agree that it is ridiculous how slow carriers can be, Verizon is way worse with updates.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I can deal with the length of time it takes to get it right...what I have a hard time with is the stupid bloatware they force on you.....you want to add it, fine, at least allow me the option to uninstall if I KNOW i'm not going to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, had to vent!!

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I can deal with the length of time it takes to get it right...what I have a hard time with is the stupid bloatware they force on you.....you want to add it, fine, at least allow me the option to uninstall if I KNOW i'm not going to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, had to vent!!
If you want to remove it just disable it under settings-applications click on what you want and you can hit diable on most. That is the closest to uninstalling without root permissions.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

To be honest Verizon is typically the LAST to update anything AT&T did pretty well on the GS4 and I suspect the GN3 will be along shortly. If I recall Samsung had to go back and fix some things they broke with 3rd party accessories. Still it will be along and so far the carriers (except Verizon) have done pretty well on the 4.4.2 update compared to prior releases.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

If you want to remove it just disable it under settings-applications click on what you want and you can hit diable on most. That is the closest to uninstalling without root permissions.

Thanks, but I knew that, I was just making a point that its crappy that they force it on you. I bit the bullet earlier and rooted again, just to install the FireNote Rom and got rid of all that crap! LOL Feel much better now!

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, but I knew that, I was just making a point that its crappy that they force it on you. I bit the bullet earlier and rooted again, just to install the FireNote Rom and got rid of all that crap! LOL Feel much better now!

That is one thing Windows Phone has over Android. You can delete all of at&t's useless bloatware.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I have to say that Verizon is the worse when it come to updates, but the best (my area) when it comes to reception. I think Verizon looks at it like...."take your time and get it right", which isn't a bad thing

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

That is one thing Windows Phone has over Android. You can delete all of at&t's useless bloatware.

With Android you can root to get rid of it.. It is an extra step but not that bad.

I have to say that Verizon is the worse when it come to updates, but the best (my area) when it comes to reception. I think Verizon looks at it like...."take your time and get it right", which isn't a bad thing

Maybe.. Or it could be them adding more bloat.. Never know :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I think that my own interest in updates is waning. I really don't care now when I get updates because I just became jaded in waiting for them. I used to be one of those who would see that the updated was officially being pushed to phones and I would check incessantly throughout the day until I got it. The update would come like a week later. No more of that. When it comes, it comes. I will deal. As far as the bloatware, I am starting to have a similar attitude. If I don't care anymore. The carriers aren't going to stop putting bloatware on phones and they aren't going to allow us to delete it, because they want us to think about using them. If I don't want to use the bloatware, I will simply disable them or just not use them. Not going to worry about it anymore.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I think that my own interest in updates is waning. I really don't care now when I get updates because I just became jaded in waiting for them. I used to be one of those who would see that the updated was officially being pushed to phones and I would check incessantly throughout the day until I got it. The update would come like a week later. No more of that. When it comes, it comes. I will deal. As far as the bloatware, I am starting to have a similar attitude. If I don't care anymore. The carriers aren't going to stop putting bloatware on phones and they aren't going to allow us to delete it, because they want us to think about using them. If I don't want to use the bloatware, I will simply disable them or just not use them. Not going to worry about it anymore.

THIS^^^......

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Just curious actually how long it will be since the s4 already has it.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Back When there Were features being added updates Were important . Anymore they Seem more like Minor software tweaks. lm quite happy With 4.3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk