Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Note 3: screen won't unlock with sd card in.

If I have my sd card inserted my phone screen will not come back on once it locks. Touch works it's just blacked out..Also when it boots up has a pad lock with the word custom under it...

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-09-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Default Re: screen won't unlock with sd card in.

Mine boots with the padlock cause I am rooted with Kingo. I would try and format your SD card and see if that fixes it or try a different card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yea i seen post about rooted phones doing it but I'm not rooted...I got a ton of pics on it my phone just shows that it's checking card errors can't see it in storage..and when my screen times out home/power/volume buttons do not nothing...it's like the phone is unlocking and working the screen just won't come back on unless I restart or pull battery? Got the phone a week ago and it just started doing it this morning

Default Re: AT&T Note 3: screen won't unlock with sd card in.

So I just had this problem last week. My phone would show as rooted when it wasn't , I had to format the sd card again and everything went away.

Quote Originally Posted by FatesHandler1 View Post
    Yea i seen post about rooted phones doing it but I'm not rooted...I got a ton of pics on it my phone just shows that it's checking card errors can't see it in storage..and when my screen times out home/power/volume buttons do not nothing...it's like the phone is unlocking and working the screen just won't come back on unless I restart or pull battery? Got the phone a week ago and it just started doing it this morning

My note 3 was junk from the day I got it. Then became 10x worse once I put in a sd card. Warrantied it and haven't had a problem in 5 months. Might be the phone.