Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Robert Griffith
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TouchWiz how to disable

I purchased a Note 3 from At&T back in October. Every time I hit the home screen I get a message that says "Complete action using TouchWiz easy home or TouchWiz home". I can either pick one of these and have then have to choose between "Always" or "just Once". No matter what I push this popup comes up when I hit the home screen and I must select through this popup every time. Even during a call. I have taken this to At&T and they can't figure out how to disable it.

Please help. It's so annoying. I did have an IPhone but transferred to this which I like a lot more except for this! This is my first Android product.

Thank you

Default Re: TouchWiz how to disable

Pick "Touchwhiz home" and "Always" or you will get the simplified home screen.
    Good Luck!

Edit: forgot to add, you may want to clear the cashe on the "Touchwhiz home" under the "application manager".

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi, yes I have tried this "Cruzr" it doesn't seem to work . I cleared everything under "Applications Manager" under Touch Wiz and it messed up my home screen.

Yeah you don't need to clear the data just the cache.
    Sorry it didn't work. You may want to install a different launcher. You can find one in the play store.
    Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawktxn14 View Post
    I purchased a Note 3 from At&T back in October. Every time I hit the home screen I get a message that says "Complete action using TouchWiz easy home or TouchWiz home". I can either pick one of these and have then have to choose between "Always" or "just Once". No matter what I push this popup comes up when I hit the home screen and I must select through this popup every time. Even during a call. I have taken this to At&T and they can't figure out how to disable it.

Please help. It's so annoying. I did have an IPhone but transferred to this which I like a lot more except for this! This is my first Android product.

Thank you
    Do you have any other Launchers installed? If so, un-install them, reboot and see if that stops it.

If that does not work, I might would suggest a reset to factory, I know that sucks, but that "should" clear that error.

To be honest, I'd just install a third party launcher. I happen to love Nova, it's very customizable and once you've used it a day or so, you'll never go back to touchwiz.

Posted via Android Central App
    Sonnydigs and petaf like this.

As said, switch to Nova Prime and that should fix it.
    Also a much better launcher..
    Good luck..

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

Same problem here showed up after a switch to nova prime, did master reset after uninstalling nova prime, lost all my settings and stuff, just vanilla stock note 3 now and still after switching to apps or internet askes for touch wiz or touch wiz easy every time even though i select always everytime. clearing cache didnt help, hard reset didnt help, nova prime didnt help now what.

Its obviously (it would seem anyway) something corrupted within the OS itself. Are you all updated to the latest NB4 Firmware?

stupid

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZR View Post
    Pick "Touchwhiz home" and "Always" or you will get the simplified home screen.
    Good Luck!

Edit: forgot to add, you may want to clear the cashe on the "Touchwhiz home" under the "application manager".

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.