Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Illustrator Joe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Wink AT&T Wiped My Phone

I had that familiar charging problem every seems to have, just 13 days after buying the phone. I took it to AT&T and they had to wipe the phone to fix the problem - so far it's worked. But I lost all my contacts. I don't understand how though - when I switched from an iPhone to the Note I didn't lose any - how can restore them?

Default Re: AT&T Wiped My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by bcxx143 View Post
    I had that familiar charging problem every seems to have, just 13 days after buying the phone. I took it to AT&T and they had to wipe the phone to fix the problem - so far it's worked. But I lost all my contacts. I don't understand how though - when I switched from an iPhone to the Note I didn't lose any - how can restore them?
    Depends on where your contacts were stored. If in the phones storage then they would be gone. If through the AT&T address book they should be backed up. If on you SIM card you would see them. The final way is the way prefer and that is syncing all of your contacts to your Google account. This is the only way I do it and every contact I have always transfers between devices.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

Also they should have talked to you about it and discussed your options before just wiping it. Bad at&t.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ
    H3aTeRzz and redrover69 like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator Joe View Post
    Also they should have talked to you about it and discussed your options before just wiping it. Bad at&t.

ಠ益ಠ
    They asked if they could wipe it, that's all.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Kinda silly for you to have a phone powered by Google that is backed up to Google and not have your contacts saved to Google? Android = Cloud