Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert Smallenberg
  • 1 Post By Spencerdl
  • 2 Post By lovemyspanish
  • 1 Post By H3aTeRzz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 uses way too much charge

Ive recently got my note 3 and im thinking of giving it back. It uses 40% overnight when im not even using it. It uses around 10% every hour generally. During the day I don't use it for 8 hours and it uses 30% !!!!! I've taken screenshots but don't know how to attach them...

Thanks

Global Posts
    8,648 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Note 3 uses way too much charge

Quote Originally Posted by Yas112 View Post
    Ive recently got my note 3 and im thinking of giving it back. It uses 40% overnight when im not even using it. It uses around 10% every hour generally. During the day I don't use it for 8 hours and it uses 30% !!!!! I've taken screenshots but don't know how to attach them...

Thanks
    Welcome to Android Central
    You can add screenshots in the Android Central Forums app and on the desktop site.
    If you're on the app, you can add them by tapping on the three dots on the far right and selecting attach picture. On the desktop site there's an option for attaching an image in the toolbox shown when you're creating a new post.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

You're lucky. I take mine off of the charger around 7 am and it's dead around noon with light use.

Posted via Android Central App
    Caleb Lopez likes this.

yea, i mean i use mine lightly when at work but i also keep an extra charger at work so I'm generally charged all day... may be something to look into if ur line of work allows for it : )

There is probably something to cause your battery loss. How many email accounts do you have synching to your phone and at what intervals? Live wallpaper, widgets, and other apps can cause unnecessary battery drain. There are lots of threads on AC which could help you resolve this. For me even with heavy use I can get from 8 am to 6pm with about 25% battery left after moderate to heavy usage. Then once I am home I pop in my 2nd battery and I'm good to go until bedtime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Note 3 uses way too much charge-uploadfromtaptalk1395630053074.jpg
    I took my Verizon Note3 off the charger at approx 8AM. I have 2 email accounts, texting, BBM, 3 widgets, and Nova Prime Launcher, I would say for a Sunday with medium use at 11PM and 54% battery left.....I am NOT disappointed. I have JellyBean OS installed on my device.
    Sent from MY BLACK G'NOTE3
    lovemyspanish likes this.

Best battery life I have ever had. From my BlackBerry and iPhone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    aandrew610 and Spencerdl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas112 View Post

Thanks
    Attach your screen shots maybe then we can help.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

There's something wrong with your hardware or software. When my N3 is idle, battery drain is at most 2% per hour. And that's with LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS turned on, and power-saving mode turned off.

With moderate use, the battery easily lasts all day and recharges overnight.

I suspect a battery issue with mine. Took it off of its charging cord at 7:00 this am. At 8:20, it's already down to 74 percent. Wi Fi, bluetooth and GPS are all off and I've barely touched the thing.

Posted via Android Central App

Does anyone use the battery saving mode?
    If not , why not??
    I use to use it but quit using it some time ago based on something I read..
    The sad part is I can't remember why I quit using it..
    Does it really slow down battery drain??
    Thanks...............

I don't know the details, but power-save mode presumably makes things slower and dimmer. I don't use it because my battery endurance is fine, so I don't need to sacrifice performance. (The only thing I do that would run the battery down is to use GPS navigation while driving for hours. And when I do that, I plug in the car charger.)
    Thanked by 2:

I went from great battery life, 2-3 days, to not so great, 1 day, to better, day and a half. I deleted "stuff" that looked interesting and I hadn't used. Somewhere in there the upper left led started flashing when the phone was idle (what does that designate?) now it is not flashing again. My $ 00.02 worth.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Sounds like a notification indicator..

When I read a post and it's worth my wild to offer suggestions, I don't mind, but when I read a post such as this one and I notice the numbers don't add up, I just let the OP know that my device isn't acting that way. 40% overnight, 30% during the day (8 hours without use) and 10% every hour....makes me go hummmm.....USER error. I apologize for venting. The Note3 is an AWESOME device with excellent battery life...IMHO

This is a good battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note 3 uses way too much charge-1395976611273.jpg  
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T
    aandrew610 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by H3aTeRzz View Post
    This is a good battery.

What is your screen on time for that? I have never gotten that good of life with my N3...

Here you go.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note 3 uses way too much charge-1395981800081.jpg  

Note 3 AT&T

:-) it's the zerolemon 10000 MAh battery. ;-D

Note 3 AT&T

Love the wallpaper!