factory hard reset after you download kit kat so you want have any issues

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
That's absurd...

Agreed. Factory reset entails far too much work to be worthwhile unless there's a specific problem you can't otherwise fix. I've almost never needed to do a factory reset after upgrading my phones. Everything just works as it should.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
A factory reset can be made so easy, if you just know the right things to do!!

1. Back up your photo's to your PC (Should be done periodically anyway!"

2. Download Kies 3 (If you don't have it).

3. Make sure you're using a google account that backs up your contacts and such.

4. Back up your N3 with Kies (Full Back Up).

5. Do factory Reset.

6. Restore back up from Kies 3.

That's it, If you choose to back up everything through Kies, then their's nearly nothing that needs to be re-done! If you "are" having issues, the do the reset, you'll feel better in the morning, I promise!

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Still too much work if nothing needs to be fixed in the first place. Restoring many gigabytes of media takes a long time. And will Kies restore all your installed apps (with their data) and your homescreen configuration?

But your instructions are very helpful for anyone who does need to do a reset!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Still too much work if nothing needs to be fixed in the first place. Restoring many gigabytes of media takes a long time. And will Kies restore all your installed apps (with their data) and your homescreen configuration?

Note that I said, "if you're having issues." :-D

Yes, Kies will restore everything on your home screen as it was before the reset...including wall paper. Kies Backed Up and Restored all my apps and their data.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....samsung.com%2Fus%2Fsupport%2F&token=UVkhoXQ0

pappyfire

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I had after the upgrade was the Amazon App store wouldn't log in, said there was an internal error please try again. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, no help. So I did a factory reset and everything worked perfectly.

vidip25

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Full restore does not restores the settings back to what they were before like font size, controls enabled/disabled, email accounts. i have done reset few times and did a full restore every time and it never brought back my settings which is annoying.

bobbysnj

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Never mind just down loaded it and now backing up my phone. I can't belive no one from At&t or Samsung told me about this program before I did a factory reset before. Thanks anyway!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

bobbysnj

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

1. Back up your photo's to your PC (Should be done periodically anyway!"

2. Download Kies 3 (If you don't have it).

3. Make sure you're using a google account that backs up your contacts and such.

4. Back up your N3 with Kies (Full Back Up).

5. Do factory Reset.

6. Restore back up from Kies 3.

That's it, If you choose to back up everything through Kies, then their's nearly nothing that needs to be re-done! If you "are" having issues, the do the reset, you'll feel better in the morning, I promise!

Great advice!

bobbysnj

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

But your instructions are very helpful for anyone who does need to do a reset!

Kies is awesome! Just doesn't backup your SD card. But that doesn't get affected by reset. Just backup your Sd card manually if you have things on there like photos you can't afford to lose in case your card fails like mine did lol.

Adrienne Vintila

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
The factory reset does nothing! Rest mine twice and still have tons of issues since kit kat. Freezing, maps rerouting and sending me to bfe, apps launching by themselves, connecting problems, battery drain, and random app shut down

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay