Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Sonnydigs
  • 1 Post By Gary02468
  • 1 Post By H3aTeRzz
  • 1 Post By rgriffin25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default factory hard reset after you download kit kat so you want have any issues

At&t Galaxy note 3 & Galaxy Gear & Tab 2 10.1

Default Re: factory hard reset after you download kit kat so you want have any issues

Kit Kat updated....
    Seems to be running fine..
    Scared to do a reset..
    Also seems like too much work..
    ladyc0524 and DCBamBam like this.

Default Re: factory hard reset after you download kit kat so you want have any issues

That's absurd...

Quote Originally Posted by Borss View Post
    That's absurd...
    Agreed. Factory reset entails far too much work to be worthwhile unless there's a specific problem you can't otherwise fix. I've almost never needed to do a factory reset after upgrading my phones. Everything just works as it should.

A factory reset can be made so easy, if you just know the right things to do!!

1. Back up your photo's to your PC (Should be done periodically anyway!"

2. Download Kies 3 (If you don't have it).

3. Make sure you're using a google account that backs up your contacts and such.

4. Back up your N3 with Kies (Full Back Up).

5. Do factory Reset.

6. Restore back up from Kies 3.

That's it, If you choose to back up everything through Kies, then their's nearly nothing that needs to be re-done! If you "are" having issues, the do the reset, you'll feel better in the morning, I promise!
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

AT&T Note 3, Note 4 & Note 5

Quote Originally Posted by H3aTeRzz View Post
    Still too much work if nothing needs to be fixed in the first place. Restoring many gigabytes of media takes a long time. And will Kies restore all your installed apps (with their data) and your homescreen configuration?

But your instructions are very helpful for anyone who does need to do a reset!
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary02468 View Post
    Still too much work if nothing needs to be fixed in the first place. Restoring many gigabytes of media takes a long time. And will Kies restore all your installed apps (with their data) and your homescreen configuration?
    Note that I said, "if you're having issues." :-D

Yes, Kies will restore everything on your home screen as it was before the reset...including wall paper. Kies Backed Up and Restored all my apps and their data.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=9a_vkVir
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

AT&T Note 3, Note 4 & Note 5
    bobbysnj likes this.

Yes, Kies will restore everything on your home screen as it was before the reset...including wall paper. Kies Backed Up and Restored all my apps and their data.
    Thanks, good to know!

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I've had no issue with my update, but I sure wish Kies worked on my Mac. The lack of an all in one back up solution is bummer.

I did full restore and have no regrets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    H3aTeRzz likes this.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Kies has been update on Mac for the note 3. I've been using it for a month now.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

The only issue I had after the upgrade was the Amazon App store wouldn't log in, said there was an internal error please try again. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, no help. So I did a factory reset and everything worked perfectly.

Full restore does not restores the settings back to what they were before like font size, controls enabled/disabled, email accounts. i have done reset few times and did a full restore every time and it never brought back my settings which is annoying.

Never mind just down loaded it and now backing up my phone. I can't belive no one from At&t or Samsung told me about this program before I did a factory reset before. Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysnj View Post
    I'm sorry if this is an obvious question but what is Kies 3
    Just Google it.

1. Back up your photo's to your PC (Should be done periodically anyway!"

2. Download Kies 3 (If you don't have it).

3. Make sure you're using a google account that backs up your contacts and such.

4. Back up your N3 with Kies (Full Back Up).

5. Do factory Reset.

6. Restore back up from Kies 3.

That's it, If you choose to back up everything through Kies, then their's nearly nothing that needs to be re-done! If you "are" having issues, the do the reset, you'll feel better in the morning, I promise!
    Great advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary02468 View Post

But your instructions are very helpful for anyone who does need to do a reset!
    Kies is awesome! Just doesn't backup your SD card. But that doesn't get affected by reset. Just backup your Sd card manually if you have things on there like photos you can't afford to lose in case your card fails like mine did lol.

The factory reset does nothing! Rest mine twice and still have tons of issues since kit kat. Freezing, maps rerouting and sending me to bfe, apps launching by themselves, connecting problems, battery drain, and random app shut down

Update to lollipop and it may solve your problems.