Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: AT&T Note 3: KitKat finally!

Quote Originally Posted by srinathp1988 View Post
    I tried changing the date manually ..went as far as april 30 but could not get the update..

Posted via Android Central App
    There are many things that could cause issues with getting this update. If you continue to have issue after a couple of days, contact AT&T and they will push the download to your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jlh73 View Post
    Me too. Can't figure it out. I've tried 5 times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    I was rooted getting the same error. I unrooted and did a factory reset and still did not work. Went to Samsung area in best buy and they updated in about 20 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Updated to 4.4.2 Kit Kat and everything is running fine. No problems with the SD card, either.

Quote Originally Posted by H3aTeRzz View Post
    There are many things that could cause issues with getting this update. If you continue to have issue after a couple of days, contact AT&T and they will push the download to your phone.
    I called ATT. They tried various things and at last told me they could not push it to my phone. They told me to wait for a few days as they are sending it in batches

If after a few days, it still does not work, then take it to a Samsung location (some say BEST BUY can do it) and let them flash the rom to your device.

Did y'all back up before installing the update? If so, what did you use? I keep getting notified about the update, and I'm thinking I may take the plunge soon and update. Just wanted to know if it'd be fine to not bother with backing up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by azkimbers View Post
    Did y'all back up before installing the update? If so, what did you use? I keep getting notified about the update, and I'm thinking I may take the plunge soon and update. Just wanted to know if it'd be fine to not bother with backing up.

I used Kies 3. I would still back up your photos to your pc...even though Kies should do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

I've got them backed up to Dropbox but I can use Kies though it looks like a moot point now. It updated for me while I was sleeping.

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

I went ahead and factory reset my Note 3. I have concluded my battery life was around 2 hours less compared with 4.3. Kies 3 is now restoring from the backup I created. Hoping for the best.

Edit: Wow ! I guess this is a process that takes a couple hours. Still restoring.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.

So no update for me yet. I stopped by my Samsung station in Best Buy and they don't have it available to push yet. Samsung guy busts out his N3 and says "it's not available yet"....He then goes through steps to check for an update on his N3 and what do you know, there it is! I just laughed to myself as his face reddened. These are some of the times I miss my iphone......but barely. Lol

Hello everyone. I bought a note 3 from a person on CL. He told me it was rooted but he unrooted it for me and took it back to stock. But the official kitkat update will not install. I get the install interrupted message. Is there any chance that this phone was not unrooted correctly? Is there somewhere on the phone I can check if it is rooted? FYI the baseband is N900AUCUBNB4.
    The build is JSS15J.N900AUCUBNB4. Any help would be greatlt appreciated. Thanks.

no camera icon on my lock screen?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

Cant have short cuts on at the bottom of the screen^

Take it to sansung booth in best but they do it free

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123