kitkat sd card

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I have 100% control of my sd card still after the kitkat update. No issues at all this is probably why we had to wait att did it right

Posted via Android Central App

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The SD card is not the issue. It is the usb otg that is the problem. It took 3 apps to get it to partially work on my wife's Droid Maxx and still would not read through es file manager.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
That's not an issue on the note 3. I have an official samsung usb otg cable and a 64gb SanDisk thumb drive and it works perfectly

Posted via Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
For those having issue with the SD card not working properly after KitKat Update: Perhaps try this method, outlined by a person in another forum, with same issues.

1. I safely removed the SD card from the phone and inserted it into a card reader on my computer.
2. I copied the contents of the SD card to a folder on my computer. It was also a great opportunity to backup the SD card.
3. I ejected the SD card from the card reader and remounted the SD card in the phone.
From the phone, I reformatted the SD card.
4. Using a Samsung USB cable from another phone, I connected the phone to the computer and began to copy the contents from the folder I created earlier to the Phone's external storage (SD card).
5. When the file were finished copying, I properly disconnected the phone from the computer.
6. I checked the Gallery and the Google Music apps and my media (music files and pictures) on the SD card was being found by those applications.

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't seem to be having any issues. Although Dolphin Browser can no longer download files to SD Card. That may need to be updated by the developer though.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't seem to be having any issues. Although Dolphin Browser can no longer download files to SD Card. That may need to be updated by the developer though.

Try clearing your cache for your Dolphin Browser, and if that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall it. Worth a shot.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Everything I used an external SD for was working fine until Spotify started crashing. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Continually crashed, until I removed SD card and it's worked like a charm ever since. I wonder if it was because it was trying to access the external card and kitkat wouldn't allow it? I mainly stream music from Spotify so the internal 32 gb SD card is sufficient for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that iSync or Easy Phone Tunes Syncer no longer seem to work. They both wont sync my playlist on to my external card. Havent tried the built in memory but it doesn't matter as I want my massive music collection on my SD Card. Back to the old drag and drop for now.

Flyin2low

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Each app developer needs to rewrite their app to be able to write to the SD card under KitKat. All of your problems are because they haven't done this yet.

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
It's not the developer is Google only wanting us to use it's phones storage only. Try downloading something to sd card. It'll give you an error and if you try to make a special directory it won't open the file.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's Google making the SD card use the same type of "permissions" that the system uses. Only the owner or root can write to an area of the SD card. So if an app creates a folder it can write to it, but if you create a folder for the app, using your computer, the app can't write to it. And if the folder was there from before, the app can't write to it.

SD cards are inherently insecure, so it was another of Google's "Great Ideas". Make sure that only the president of the bank is the only one who has the combination to the safe, but weld the hinges so that the door stays open. Sounds good unless you think about it (with props to T-Mobile).

Dan Callaghan

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Sprint network, with all the latest firmware and software updates loaded. I was having many of the same issues. The stock "Music" app and "Camera" / "Gallery" apps couldn't read/access the 64GB MicroSD card I installed. All I did was connect the phone via the USB charging cable to my Windows 7 Ultimate PC (USB 3.0) and copied the DCIM and Music folders from the extSdCard to my PC, then deleted the originals on the phone MicroSD card, and the copied them back from the PC to the phone using the USB charging cable. Once that was done, the Music app recognized all the music files and could play them, same for the Camera and Gallery apps regarding photos in the DCIM folder. I wasn'f forced to reformat the MicroSD card, and perform any other steps.

LOL, ridiculous thing is that I called Sprint tech support regarding this issue, and their 2-tier tech group's suggestion was to take the new phone to a Sprint store to possibly have it factory reset - or that it was a problem with the software from the manufacturer directly (since these are stock apps). Just proves that even the mobile carriers are clueless about what these problems are all about, or how to resolve them.

So I've resolved the issue with the image and music apps, but I stilll can't get Dolphin Browser to be allowed to download to the MicroSD card so far. Clearly still some issues to be worked out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234