Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Note 3: KitKat root?

I have looked for a way to root the AT&T note 3 with the official kitkit firmware but haven't been able to find a method yet. Is there a way that I'm missing or is it just not possible at this time?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-30-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Default Re: AT&T Note 3: KitKat root?

BTT
    Anyone rooted the N3 with KK4.4?

I just looked on XDA as of this morning there are still bounties (folks who will pay a dev money) if they can unlock the KK bootloader and root the phone.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Sounds good, maybe I should throw some money in the pot, my phone won't go into deep sleep anymore since the kitkat update and it's killing my battery. I look forward to a root.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by pmr6644 View Post
    Sounds good, maybe I should throw some money in the pot, my phone won't go into deep sleep anymore since the kitkat update and it's killing my battery. I look forward to a root.
    You don't need root to fix a broken phone. If a factory reset doesn't fix the problem, the phone is defective and can be exchanged under warranty.

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Currently the KK root is on the shelf next to the donut holes, elbow grease and left-handed monkey wrenches. Which is why I'm still on 4.3. That and Safestrap. (I currently have 3 ROMS in my phone, and the stock slot is running X-Note. Stock NB4 is in a different slot.) I'm not giving that up for what might be a tiny improvement in battery life (I carry a spare at all times). And I don't have the GPS problem.