Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kentuc794
  • 1 Post By H3aTeRzz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I'm so confused...

good evening everyone.

i have some issues with my phone. i have the att note 3 and it was rooted but i unrooted and reinstalled stock firmware so i could update to kitkat. i was never able to download the small update that came out a couple weeks before kitkat did but once i reinstalled stock firmware, unrooted, i was able to download and install the nb4 update. but now it wont let me install kit kat, it keeps freezing and failing at 27% and restarts. I've seen may threads on this but cant seem to find a straight answer. any help please?

thank you

Default Re: I'm so confused...

In one of the posts there is a step by step explanation as to how to get kitcat on your Note 3!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.
    Gary Scherler aka "CRUZR"
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 - 2013 - 32 GB, Nexus 7 - 2012 - 16GB, Hisense Sero 7 Pro - 8GB + 32GB, iPhone 5, 4S, 4.

I tried everything and never could get the update to go past 27%. So I went to the Samsung kiosk in best buy and they updated it in 20 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    CRUZR 
    H3aTeRzz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by J_galaxy24 View Post
    good evening everyone.

i have some issues with my phone. i have the att note 3 and it was rooted but i unrooted and reinstalled stock firmware so i could update to kitkat. i was never able to download the small update that came out a couple weeks before kitkat did but once i reinstalled stock firmware, unrooted, i was able to download and install the nb4 update. but now it wont let me install kit kat, it keeps freezing and failing at 27% and restarts. I've seen may threads on this but cant seem to find a straight answer. any help please?

thank you
    Easiest... Goto a bestbuy or samsung store and get them to flash the new KK. One user mentioned that he went to the samsung counter at bestbuy and they did it for him. No need to be confused...there's no telling what the actual problem is, but the solution is to get a store to reflash it, that's my MHO.
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T
    Spencerdl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by H3aTeRzz View Post
    Easiest... Goto a bestbuy or samsung store and get them to flash the new KK. One user mentioned that he went to the samsung counter at bestbuy and they did it for him. No need to be confused...there's no telling what the actual problem is, but the solution is to get a store to reflash it, that's my MHO.
    THIS ^^^.......
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Going to best buy or Samsung is not an option for me

Going to best buy or Samsung is not an option for me
    Well then unfortunately, you are probably going to be stuck on 4.3. Keep searching the forums, and perhaps Google search, for the actual stock KK rom that could possibly be flashed with Odin. Unfortunately, at this time, I don't think that option is available.

PS: another option, if you had a spare phone, would be to send it off to Samsung to be re flashed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Note 3 AT&T

Global Posts
    4,789 Global Posts

good evening everyone.

thank you
    Try this. I did it this morning and it worked flawlessly. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701062
    Fix for KitKat OTA Updating Failing at 27% - Working 100%

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by greg24 View Post
    Try this. I did it this morning and it worked flawlessly. Fix for KitKat OTA Updating Failing at 27% - Working 100% - xda-developers
    Fix for KitKat OTA Updating Failing at 27% - Working 100%

Posted via Android Central App
    THIS!

Note 3 AT&T