AT&T Note 3 Battery Life - Post Kit Kat Update

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Did a factory reset and everything has been great, i only wished Android had a back up set up like Apple due to having an app for my work that has to be reset every time this happens. I love my Note 3 but this is one one thing i really do miss the most.

Kies 3 lets you back everything up, including your app data.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Kies 3 lets you back everything up, including your app data.

Good concept but not so perfect execution. I used it yesterday to perform a "complete" backup before I did a complete wipe. I had some battery drain issues after installation of 4.4.2 so I tried Kies 3. The restore operation had taken 5 hours and completed 67 percent and then completely stopped. I am not sure what happened. So I ended up setting up the phone again from scratch and then used Kies 3 in stages, recovering messaging and phone data as well as some applications. I ended up just downloading most of them and used a backup I saved in Nova Launcher Prime to get my pages set back up. So in the end everything is back on my Note 3 and it is already noticeable that the battery drain problem I was experiencing is gone. It took longer than I liked but in the end I am happier with the battery life and it is at least comparable to when 4.3 was installed. I will continue to test and document with the screen shots I have recorded.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Please keep in mind this is a non-scientific test but I will monitor for a few days and will document accordingly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Attachments

• 1396465343623.jpg
    1396465343623.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 1396465375478.jpg
    1396465375478.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 68

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I use helium to back up my apps. It's worked quite well. Sure helped shorten the time it takes to get everything back to normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

pmr6644

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
So I noticed by use of the app CPU spy that once I turn on my mobile data or Wi-Fi my phone will no longer go into deep sleep even when I turn them back off again. I turned off everything that could possibly be trying to sync as well as every app on my phone that can be turned off and nothing has helped. My phone is in a constant state of being awake no matter how long the screen is off. Its crushing my battery.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is simply horrible after the latest update. my android system usage is the highest. I have reset the device twice already. I feel like throwing the phone away sometimes. Its crap. I will try again one more time. I am about to switch with my nephew for his white g2, lol.

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is simply horrible after the latest update. my android system usage is the highest. I have reset the device twice already. I feel like throwing the phone away sometimes. Its crap. I will try again one more time. I am about to switch with my nephew for his white g2, lol.

Have you tried to wipe your cache partition? This fixed the battery drain after kit Kat issue. I've gotten 32 hrs battery time with 6.5 hrs screen time since the wipe. I also disabled google now, as it was still keeping my phone awake constantly. Hope this helps!

Posted via Android Central App

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Seriously my battery life is awful I can't even get through an entire day.. Lasts me 7 or 8 hours tops...dont tell me to reset it because I've tried that... Battery savers don't work like they're supposed to... Its really frustrating... Any tips something?...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-06-13-47-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-06-13-47-40.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 26

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed every now and then a couple of issues. First has been the battery drain. And for me coupled with that has been poor charging. Has happened twice since doing the update a few months ago. Doing the cache partition wipe has worked both times. I've used the phone enough to be able to guage how long it should last me. I can take it off the charger on a morning and have it last until the next day. Whenever I see something out of the ordinary I'll look into it, but the wipe usually solves the issue. My .02

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed every now and then a couple of issues. First has been the battery drain. And for me coupled with that has been poor charging. Has happened twice since doing the update a few months ago. Doing the cache partition wipe has worked both times. I've used the phone enough to be able to guage how long it should last me. I can take it off the charger on a morning and have it last until the next day. Whenever I see something out of the ordinary I'll look into it, but the wipe usually solves the issue. My .02

Don't see how that's possible because I never get a days worth out of mine....pre 4.4.2 it was great now it's awful... I tried that cache partition that apparently works which doesn't so... Idk what else to do...