Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By o4liberty
  • 1 Post By o4liberty
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Galaxy Note 3 Owner

I just received my new Galaxy Note 3 yesterday and I have it activated and up and running.
    I am loving all of the cool features, but I'm stumped on being able to change the text notification to
    something other than what is available on the list.
    I'd like to customize the text notification but I don't get that option...just the ones that are in the list.
    Could anyone steer me in the right direction for customization for this?

Global Posts
    20,832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: New Galaxy Note 3 Owner

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherDP View Post
    I just received my new Galaxy Note 3 yesterday and I have it activated and up and running.
    I am loving all of the cool features, but I'm stumped on being able to change the text notification to
    something other than what is available on the list.
    I'd like to customize the text notification but I don't get that option...just the ones that are in the list.
    Could anyone steer me in the right direction for customization for this?
    Welcome to the forums.
    Do you mean as in a ringtone?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for the welcome.
    Yes...I would like to customize my text notification with a ringtone I have already downloaded and have
    on my phone...but am stumped on how to get something other than what is on the list.

Edited to add......Just wondering if I have to manually put the ringtone files I want to use for Notifications
    into the folder via usb or if there was a way to copy it from one folder to another on the phone itself?
    Last edited by HeatherDP; 04-01-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Welcome to Android Central...ENJOY

Yes there is. Highlight the folder. Hit the menu button and option will be there to move and then pick where you want it to be and at top it will say move here.

You also chose ringtones and text tones for each person in there contact page.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherDP View Post
    Thank you for the welcome.
    Yes...I would like to customize my text notification with a ringtone I have already downloaded and have
    on my phone...but am stumped on how to get something other than what is on the list.

Edited to add......Just wondering if I have to manually put the ringtone files I want to use for Notifications
    into the folder via usb or if there was a way to copy it from one folder to another on the phone itself?
    Live, Laugh and Love Everyday.

Welcome to the Dark Side! :-D
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T

I just recently jumped ship from Verizon to AT&T and picked up the Note 3 and I couldn't be happier! Very impressed with the device and voice quality of AT&T is awesome.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    I just recently jumped ship from Verizon to AT&T and picked up the Note 3 and I couldn't be happier! Very impressed with the device and voice quality of AT&T is awesome.
    Great choices! :-D

Note 3 AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by H3aTeRzz View Post
    Great choices! :-D
    I was with Verizon for over 15 years! Great customer service but lost coverage in my area too much.
    Support thr 9-12 Project

Yeah, I hear ya! My brother mocks my AT&T coverage, saying all the time that his is better than mine. This comes from a man that while at his house, in his living room, I have nearly full bars, and he has to use a house phone, because his precious verizon cant get signal in his house. LOL! Don't get me wrong, there are places that I go where V has better signal, but those are places I don't frequent anyway, so it doesn't matter.

I've had some recent issues with Customer Service, but they have made up for that 10 fold! They've gotten back on my good side! :-D

Note 3 AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by H3aTeRzz View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya! My brother mocks my AT&T coverage, saying all the time that his is better than mine. This comes from a man that while at his house, in his living room, I have nearly full bars, and he has to use a house phone, because his precious verizon cant get signal in his house. LOL! Don't get me wrong, there are places that I go where V has better signal, but those are places I don't frequent anyway, so it doesn't matter.

I've had some recent issues with Customer Service, but they have made up for that 10 fold! They've gotten back on my good side! :-D
    AT&T use to have horrible service but over the years they have come up to speed I am very happy so far and I am anal about how well my cell phone works I don't like glitches.
    Support thr 9-12 Project
    H3aTeRzz likes this.