Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default locked messages

I have been using handsend for SMS and really like the feature where you can set certain people to be in a "privacy box". That way someone doesn't see there name if they are looking at your screen when you pull up messaging. My question is: does the standard messaging app on my Samsung Note 3 have a similar feature. When I pull up the standard messaging app, hit menu button, I see an option for "Locked messages" but I can't figure out how to do anything with it. If I click on "locked messages" it says there are no messages. I have searched hi and low for this, please help.

Default Re: locked messages

Hmmm...never really needed to use this feature, but what I've found is that you cannot lock a specific thread, but you can long press on a conversation in said thread, and an option to lock does appear.

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts

Locking messages is basically saving that message in that thread so it doesn't get deleted. There is no real privacy setting for the stock messenger.

The message you want to hide ...... go to the messages you want to save open it ,then press on the messages until options open up there you will see lock message!!!

I'd stick with Handsent if I was you. I've tried a lot of them and none are as feature filled and work as well as Handsent. The stock messaging app doesn't come close. I've never found the type of privacy setting you are looking for in the stock app. If it exists then I'd like to find it too.