Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default locked messages

I have been using handsend for SMS and really like the feature where you can set certain people to be in a "privacy box". That way someone doesn't see there name if they are looking at your screen when you pull up messaging. My question is: does the standard messaging app on my Samsung Note 3 have a similar feature. When I pull up the standard messaging app, hit menu button, I see an option for "Locked messages" but I can't figure out how to do anything with it. If I click on "locked messages" it says there are no messages. I have searched hi and low for this, please help.

Default Re: locked messages

Hmmm...never really needed to use this feature, but what I've found is that you cannot lock a specific thread, but you can long press on a conversation in said thread, and an option to lock does appear.
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

AT&T Note 4 (Personal) & S5 Active (Work)

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Default Re: locked messages

Locking messages is basically saving that message in that thread so it doesn't get deleted. There is no real privacy setting for the stock messenger.