Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to update my AT&T note 3 to kitkat ?

Good day everyone,

I bought an unlock at&t note 3 from a foreigners. The seller told me he has unlocked the phone but when I try to system update the phone to kitkat. It required me to connect to at&t server. Please tell me how to update my note 3. I don't even have an at&t sim card. I'm stuck at 4.3 JB.
    Note: I am using my region network without any problem except the system update.

Thank you very much,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Default Re: How to update my AT&T note 3 to kitkat ?

Quote Originally Posted by sang vu hoang View Post
    Good day everyone,

I bought an unlock at&t note 3 from a foreigners. The seller told me he has unlocked the phone but when I try to system update the phone to kitkat. It required me to connect to at&t server. Please tell me how to update my note 3. I don't even have an at&t sim card. I'm stuck at 4.3 JB.
    Note: I am using my region network without any problem except the system update.

Thank you very much,

If rooting would be an option for you, then I would just suggest root, and then flash the latest bloatfree KitKat.
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

AT&T Note 4 & Note Edge (Personal) & iPhone 6 Plus (Work)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank for the kindly advise but I don't like to root my phone. Is there any way to upgrade it ?

Well you won't be able to do the OTA. But, you could perhaps find a Samsung Hub somewhere, not sure if you have access to a Bestbuy store, they could probably flash it for you there. Other than that, other than Rooting, "I" don't think you'll be able to OTA update.

Will mine is rooted. Yet still I can't update. It doesn't even start to update and it gets interrupted!

Any clue?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad Al-Enaizi View Post
    Will mine is rooted. Yet still I can't update. It doesn't even start to update and it gets interrupted!

Any clue?
    If you're rooted, then just use a recovery like safestrap, and download an applicable 4.4.2 KK Rom for your device and you'll have KITKAT. Its normal "to not be able to download/install an update if you're rooted." The original OP was not rooted, but he was not on an AT&T service, so its likely that was the cause of his inability to update.

Here's a place to start regarding using a custom recovery and custom rom for your device:

Thanked by:

Does this process need a computer? And if yes I have a MacBook pro. Does it work?