Touchwiz has stopped working - Galaxy Note 3

GoBucks2372

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
After the 4.4.2 update, I was having bad battery life. I did a factory restore.

Re-downloaded everything, set the home screen back up, etc.

Ever since then, every so often I will get "Touchwiz has stopped working". The home screen will then flash clear and pop back up, obviously the Touchwiz closing and re-opening. This has been going on for a week.

Anyone have an idea why? Also having this problem? Is there a fix?

I tried clearing cache and data for Touchwiz and setting everything back up, but still is doing it.

Appreciate your help and feedback!

johnshaft1000

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced the exact same thing but I am having issues with TouchWiz slowing to a crawl after I remove my device from the charger and then completely freezing up after I luck my device. Just started happening after the 4.4.2 update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Do either of you have an SD Card installed? If so, remove and see if the problem still exists. If it does, then I would strongly recommend getting a support person for at&t or samsung involved with your issue.

Also, perhaps try to "turn off" your installed/downloaded apps one at a time, do this in order to see if perhaps a particular 3rd party app maybe causing your isses.

GoBucks2372

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
This suggestion was passed on to me and seems to have worked so far!

"would suggest clearing the cache in recovery - with the device turned off, press and hold power on+volume up+home until the recovery loads. Use the volume keys to select clear cache and power to accept. Reboot and see if you are still having problems. Hope this helps :)."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt