Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brownhornet34
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ATT Note 3 Kit Kat and FoxFi

For those that have been using FoxFi (and it works) and just hitting the home button when you get the "To enable mobile hotspot on this device, go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611". If you have updated to Kit Kat, does that still work?

Global Posts
    9,739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: ATT Note 3 Kit Kat and FoxFi

Quote Originally Posted by Bosk_77 View Post
    For those that have been using FoxFi (and it works) and just hitting the home button when you get the "To enable mobile hotspot on this device, go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611". If you have updated to Kit Kat, does that still work?
    According to this thread: Foxfi on NOTE 3, users are reporting that home button still works. Hopefully that's still the case if you plan on getting the device or if an update has caused problems.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I know it works with 4.3. From the looks at other threads there is a Kit Kat update out there somewhere. If there is, I don't want to take it if it causes FoxFi to not work.

Global Posts
    9,739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Bosk_77 View Post
    I know it works with 4.3. From the looks at other threads there is a Kit Kat update out there somewhere. If there is, I don't want to take it if it causes FoxFi to not work.
    Awe, OK. I suggest keeping an eye on the Play Store comments to see if this is still an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts

I couldn't get Foxfi hotspot to work after updating to Kit Kat. But I tried using the hotspot feature on my Note 3, and it showed that it was using the same foxfi hotspot name that I had set up.
    I was waiting to get the message that I had to set up the portable hotspot with at&t, but I didn't get it. I will have to watch my bill to see if they charge me.

It looks like it turns on but doesn't broadcast. Solutions for other carriers are popping up but I haven't seen one for Note 3 on AT&T with or without root.

I didn't realize this would work but fox fi works perfectly after I changed to shared data plan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

ROM
    UCLF5

Quote Originally Posted by Brownhornet34 View Post
    I didn't realize this would work but fox fi works perfectly after I changed to shared data plan.

Because shared data plan includes tethering thus not needing to use foxfi. Us still hanging on to their unlimited plans are still S.O.L.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Awww...I see says the blind man..I shall be rid of the Fox then. Thanks for the Info.

Xingularity likes this.

FoxFi stopped working for me after upgrading to 4.4.3. Pressing the home button no longer works.

Any one else having this issue? Any ideas?

Thank you,

Tom

ROM
    UCLF5

Quote Originally Posted by systemsbiologist View Post
    FoxFi stopped working for me after upgrading to 4.4.3. Pressing the home button no longer works.

Any one else having this issue? Any ideas?
    Starting with Kit Kat (4.4) tethering provisioning is done at the OS level not at the APP level.

Is there a way to go backwards to get the old software so it will work again?

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts

I use the hotspot feature on my phone. With 4.4.3, it seems to have tied Foxfi into the hotspot on the phone. I used for 2 days when visiting my Dad, and was never charged for the feature by at&t. And they never warned me that I needed to sign up for it.