Pagebuddynotisvc Has Stopped

bobert727

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Have a note 3 with the recent kit kat update installed. When I plug in a pair of headphones I get "unfortunately, pagebuddynotisvc has stopped". I click ok and it pops back up. Only way to get rid of it is to unplug the headphones.

So I boot to safe mode....which loads everything but apps I have downloaded and I no longer get the "pagebuddynotiscv has stopped" message when I plug in headphones. In addtion, on the notifications page it lists the apps that might be used with the headphones. This notification is missing, of course, when I get the error.

So to me, an app I have installed is causing the issue. I have tried to force stop each one but still get the same msg.

Short of deleting them all and starting over, anyone have any suggestions of what app might be causing this and why?

Below is 2 screen shots of the apps I have installed.
Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_2014-04-08-15-05-05.jpg
Screenshot_2014-04-08-15-05-11.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It is headphone toggles that Samsung includes... It trys to boot when you plug in headphones.. It goes into your notification tab.

Mine worked but I hated them so I disabled them. You can to and it should stop this.

Follow the steps below and this should help :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1396997491933.jpg
    1396997491933.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 15
  • 1396997500172.jpg
    1396997500172.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 1396997508485.jpg
    1396997508485.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 15

bobert727

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Almeuit. Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. The error message when I plug in a pair of headphones is saying that "pagebuddynotisvc has stopped". Hence, stopping the service doesn't seem to get rid of the message. Even force stopping it and restarting it doens't work as well as clearing the data and cache.

Like I said in my original post, if I start the phone in safe mode, downloaded apps are not loaded, plugging in headphones brings up the headphone icon in the upper left corner and the choice of which app to use in the notification panel. So it works with no apps loaded. Short of deleting all my apps and starting over, I thought someone might see an app that could be causing the problem. Hence, I included 2 screen captures downloaded apps on my phone which do not load in safe mode.

My guess is one of these apps is stopping pagebuddynotisvc from starting.. So when I plug in headphones the error apears.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bobert727

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Finally figured it out. It was the Fox Business App that was causing the problem. Deleted it and now when I plug in a pair of headphones everything works fine. No more pagebuddynotisvc error

Heintje Malimpo

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Almeuit. Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. The error message when I plug in a pair of headphones is saying that "pagebuddynotisvc has stopped". Hence, stopping the service doesn't seem to get rid of the message. Even force stopping it and restarting it doens't work as well as clearing the data and cache.

Like I said in my original post, if I start the phone in safe mode, downloaded apps are not loaded, plugging in headphones brings up the headphone icon in the upper left corner and the choice of which app to use in the notification panel. So it works with no apps loaded. Short of deleting all my apps and starting over, I thought someone might see an app that could be causing the problem. Hence, I included 2 screen captures downloaded apps on my phone which do not load in safe mode.

My guess is one of these apps is stopping pagebuddynotisvc from starting.. So when I plug in headphones the error apears.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez