Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Getting everything together. ..

    I'll be receiving my Note 3 by Friday or Saturday. I'm getting everything set now to root it, flash it, the whole 9. Any pointers or places to point me to? Thanks for looking guys!

    Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    greg24's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,789 Global Posts

    Default Re: Getting everything together. ..

    XDA.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Getting everything together. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by mjohnsoniii View Post
    I'll be receiving my Note 3 by Friday or Saturday. I'm getting everything set now to root it, flash it, the whole 9. Any pointers or places to point me to? Thanks for looking guys!

    Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    The recent OTA (over the air) update to KitKat is not rootable as of present. Everyone (including myself) who were already rooted, has lost root. The AT&T version of the Note 3 has a locked bootloader, and has been patched along with this update. No root exploit possible yet.

    We're paitently waiting for someone to come up with a root solution.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Getting everything together. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by lawalty View Post
    The recent OTA (over the air) update to KitKat is not rootable as of present. Everyone (including myself) who were already rooted, has lost root. The AT&T version of the Note 3 has a locked bootloader, and has been patched along with this update. No root exploit possible yet.

    We're paitently waiting for someone to come up with a root solution.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Oh crap! Hopefully mine hasn't received the update yet. This isn't a forced update is it? Is that even possible?

    Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Getting everything together. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by lawalty View Post
    The recent OTA (over the air) update to KitKat is not rootable as of present. Everyone (including myself) who were already rooted, has lost root. The AT&T version of the Note 3 has a locked bootloader, and has been patched along with this update. No root exploit possible yet.

    We're paitently waiting for someone to come up with a root solution.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    I received my Note 3. YOOHOO!!! Anyways, I also have the SM-N900A that is still running 4.3. My build number is N900AUCUBMJ5. Which root method did you use? I haven't received any updates yet and will not. Also, has anyone come up with a method for you to root yet? I hope its soon for your sake. I know how it is wanting to root but can't. I had an HTC One X that received the latest update before I got it and I just couldn't deal with it. It was sold less than a week later. LMK. Thanks.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Getting everything together. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by mjohnsoniii View Post
    I received my Note 3. YOOHOO!!! Anyways, I also have the SM-N900A that is still running 4.3. My build number is N900AUCUBMJ5. Which root method did you use? I haven't received any updates yet and will not. Also, has anyone come up with a method for you to root yet? I hope its soon for your sake. I know how it is wanting to root but can't. I had an HTC One X that received the latest update before I got it and I just couldn't deal with it. It was sold less than a week later. LMK. Thanks.
    Your on MJ5. There is an incrimintal update to NB4 before the big KitKat update.

    To root your device without tripping the KNOX warranty flag: go to Kingo www.kingoapp.com. Remeber, if you are on MJ5, or ND4, you can use Kingo to root.

    Don't get so excited about the upgrade to KitKat though. If I were you, I would wait, and not upgrade until there is root. . Still, as of 4-13-2014 there is no root method available to us AT&T models.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Getting everything together. ..

    The GN3 when I got mine a few weeks ago is still shipping with 4.3 on it, you need to do the small update first then they make you wait 24 hours before you can get the KK4.4.2 update so you should be fine blocking the update if you don't want to jump to KK4.4.2.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Getting everything together. ..

    Thanks guys. The Kingo root method worked like a charm (except for the length of time it took to download drivers...grrrr). I have a question about the KK update. Will the update be automatic (forced) or will I have to accept and install it? I'd hate to lose root bcuz I didn't have the option to accept or reject an update.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 01:10 PM
  2. Maybe getting the Moto G
    By wolfhead in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 04:26 PM
  3. Chromecast Might Get Weather, Photo Updates
    By Shilohcane in forum Google Chromecast
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 04:18 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 04:03 PM
  5. Comcast is trying to get into the cellphone carrier business.
    By eve6er69 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 01:17 PM

Posting Permissions