note 3 gps issues....still?

acshaw80

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if people are still having gps issue with their note 3. Just bought one yesterday and went out to do some backyard astronomy with sky map. Trouble is it cant figure out where I am. Checked compass app to calibrate and that isn't working either. None of the gps driven apps seem to bd work In V riggt now. Will try a reboot. Are people still having issues with their gps? Wondering if this might be the issue...and if there is a solution

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon Galaxy Note3(JellyBean OS) has worked flawless from day one.

Since this is the AT&T specific section this is irrelevant. To the OP since the 4.4.2 update it seems to have solved the problem for me.

Posted via Android Central App

jnnyr

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if people are still having gps issue with their note 3. Just bought one yesterday and went out to do some backyard astronomy with sky map. Trouble is it cant figure out where I am. Checked compass app to calibrate and that isn't working either. None of the gps driven apps seem to bd work In V riggt now. Will try a reboot. Are people still having issues with their gps? Wondering if this might be the issue...and if there is a solution

It's not just you it's the phone. The GPS is a heaping pile of ****. On the Android platform I've owned a Droid X, SG3, SG4, and now the Note 3. Only the Droid X and the SG4 have worthwhile GPS functionality. The other 2 are/were beyond useless. I am returning my Note 3 as it's pretty much as bad as the SG3 was. I am not going to spend hours to try to solve why it's horrendous as I've already done that with the SG3. Side by side with my SG4 it's now been 15 minutes and the NOte 3 still can't find a single Sat. This seems to be an ongoing issue with Samsung in general from what I've read but they sure did get it right with the SG4.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It's not just you it's the phone. The GPS is a heaping pile of ****. On the Android platform I've owned a Droid X, SG3, SG4, and now the Note 3. Only the Droid X and the SG4 have worthwhile GPS functionality. The other 2 are/were beyond useless. I am returning my Note 3 as it's pretty much as bad as the SG3 was. I am not going to spend hours to try to solve why it's horrendous as I've already done that with the SG3. Side by side with my SG4 it's now been 15 minutes and the NOte 3 still can't find a single Sat. This seems to be an ongoing issue with Samsung in general from what I've read but they sure did get it right with the SG4.

Have you updated to 4.4.2 yet and is this the AT&T Note 3 you have ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

scottwood2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am still on 4.3. I keep having issues with the GPS stopping. Have to reboot to get it working again. Something that only works for a bit.

How do I get the upgrade? I keep waiting for a notice but nothing so far.

Thx
Scott

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am still on 4.3. I keep having issues with the GPS stopping. Have to reboot to get it working again. Something that only works for a bit.

How do I get the upgrade? I keep waiting for a notice but nothing so far.

Thx
Scott
You're on AT&T? Settings - General - About Device - Software Update - Check for updates

Brian Starbuck

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an AT&T Note 3 and still have issues. Since updating to 4.4.2, my GPS doesn't cut out anymore but I still have issues with it not keeping up with me while en route and then taking awhile to determine where I'm actually located. Another huge annoyance is that I will be driving, for example, North on a road and when stopped at a light, the GPS will suddenly show me on the intersecting road and reroute Google maps. There have been a few times when I have had to stop and wait for everything to get back to normal so I could continue driving.
I work for AT&T Uverse and I have had worse issues when using our iPhones so a proper GPS is pretty important to me. My S4 never gave me any problems and I kinda regret changing carriers.
I also have complaints/problems with bluetooth disconnecting and reconnecting at random and the range seems horrible.

Brian Starbuck

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Just an update, I took my phone to an at&t store and following protocol, flashed my note.......which caused it to brick. So I got a replacement on the spot and so far everything seems like it should. I'll know for sure in a couple days when I go back to work. That when the gps is really tested

Posted via Android Central App

duoFurious

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I have updated to 4.4.2 and still have issues with gps. It still takes longer than it should to get gps lock and has trouble keeping up with my location. Any suggestions, like reset to stock and reinstall everything? No rooting or anything fancy with this phone since I plan on selling at some point anyways. Anyone else still having this issue as well?

scottwood2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The update fixed my issue. Used it all day yesterday and it worked great. Did have to reboot after update. I do at times see the phone slowing down. I shut down programs and clear memory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've not had any issues, but I got my Note 3 right as Kit Kat was being rolled out. After updating, as I do always, I did a reset and booted into recovery mode and cleared the cache.

duoFurious

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I've not had any issues, but I got my Note 3 right as Kit Kat was being rolled out. After updating, as I do always, I did a reset and booted into recovery mode and cleared the cache.

I feel that I'll have to accomplish this to solve my problem.

Sent from a G2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I feel that I'll have to accomplish this to solve my problem.

Sent from a G2

Every time I upgrade, I reset, without question. Clear that cache in recovery bootup, it will clear out any remaining previous OS stuff that might still be hanging around. That is where I do my reset also, boot into recovery mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae