Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gary02468
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stupid 'AT&T' notification bar branding?

Does AT&T still do this nonsense to their android devices? I know it's not a huge deal I just hate it when phones are covered in branding.
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.

Default Re: Stupid 'AT&T' notification bar branding?

It's not branding. It's naming the carrier your phone is connected to. If you're roaming, it'll show a carrier other than AT&T. (Plus the carrier name usually appears just briefly and then vanishes.)
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary02468 View Post
    It's not branding. It's naming the carrier your phone is connected to. If you're roaming, it'll show a carrier other than AT&T. (Plus the carrier name usually appears just briefly and then vanishes.)
    This. It shows the carrier of the SIM. So it will show AT&T but switch if you throw in another carrier.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    bbmore2 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Doesn't do this on VZW or T-Mobile. It will show it in the bottom of the notification window but not in the top notification bar. I've only seen AT&T phones do this.
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by deadp1xel View Post
    I've only seen AT&T phones do this.
    Maybe so, but it's still not branding. It's (briefly) telling you whatever mobile network you're connected to.

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

And there's at least one module in Xposed that can turn that off or let you put whatever text you want in either or both places. So you could be on Vodaphone if you prefer.

Does AT&T still do this nonsense to their android devices? I know it's not a huge deal I just hate it when phones are covered in branding.
    I don't recall what AT&T does but apparently it can't be much since I don't. They have their apps on the phone but other than that, the only other thing I see is a small AT&T at the bottom of the notifcation screen. Hardly worth getting all hot and bothered about.
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"

Quote Originally Posted by clitrenta View Post
    I don't recall what AT&T does but apparently it can't be much since I don't. They have their apps on the phone but other than that, the only other thing I see is a small AT&T at the bottom of the notifcation screen. Hardly worth getting all hot and bothered about.
    Doesn't do this on VZW or T-Mobile. It will show it in the bottom of the notification window but not in the top notification bar. I've only seen AT&T phones do this.
    I believe he means this. They will sometimes have it in the top left.

While I could see that bothering some the only ways around it are.. Not being on AT&T or installing another ROM. Or always there is always the GPE phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I believe he means this. They will sometimes have it in the top left.

While I could see that bothering some the only ways around it are.. Not being on AT&T or installing another ROM. Or always there is always the GPE phones.

Yah, I get that but for pete's sake. It's so small I never even noticed it til I read about it here. Is it really that annoying? Just sayin....
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

Uh..The At&t is there for 2 seconds after waking it up of restarting...get over it. It goes away and doesn't bother functionaluty...

Posted via Android Central App via Note 3

Mine shows "AT&T" on the bottom of the LOCK screen. It also shows AT&T Microcell at the bottom of the lock screen when I'm at home and it flashes the same at the top of the notification bar. It is carrier and Verizon and other do also do it in some areas. When I have been with other carriers and traveled out of town, I've seen it when I would be roaming.