AT&T: Galaxy S5 or Galaxy Note 3?

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Just started the next program with AT&T. I purchased the GS5. But considering taking it back and getting the Note 3. But don't know if that would be a good decision or not. I'm coming from iPhone. I'm pretty new to android. So your help would be appreciated.

GS5

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: GS5 or Note 3

A couple years ago, I had an iPhone 4, got a GS3, but I exchanged it for a Note 2. (then I made a really stupid mistake and went back to iPhone, lol) Now I have a Note 3.
I find that the Note simply does more, I find the battery life way better with the Note, and I love the versatility with the S-Pen.
Also the larger screen is just awesome.

97TAWS6

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Just started the next program with AT&T. I purchased the GS5. But considering taking it back and getting the Note 3. But don't know if that would be a good decision or not. I'm coming from iPhone. I'm pretty new to android. So your help would be appreciated.

GS5

I almost did the same thing, but ended up with the Note 3. Just came in today, it's an awesome smartphone. Go with the Note 3.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

GS5

I came from an iPhone 4S to the note 3. I'd had the iPhone for 2 yrs so I figured it would take me a while to figure out how to work it but honestly I found the iPhone harder to work (I'm a bit of a numpty!)

I love the size of the screen, I love the ease of multi-tasking, and love love love the s-pen. I find it easy to use, but yet some of the features (when you discover them!) blow my mind :) I also enjoy the battery life - today for example it's been off charge 11 hrs with screen on time as 4 hrs 40 mins and I still have 52% battery left.

I don't miss Apple, though I wasn't all that invested with them. I rarely used iTunes, except for a few purchases for some songs and a couple of movies. So, I can't really comment on that side of things but there have been plenty of posting on how to transfer all your stuff from iTunes to android.

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

adam13141

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

I really like the S5. I am very interested to see the improvement in the camera, and the fingerprint scanner specifically. But, after going to a Note 3 from an S4, I don't think I can go back to the smaller screen. Also right now they haven't released the 32GB versions of the S5 yet. If I was getting an S5 I would wait for that, but thats because I'm a storage hog. You can't go wrong with either of these devices, as usual it comes down to preference. You won't be disappointed getting a Note 3 though, it is a great device.

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

I really like the S5. I am very interested to see the improvement in the camera, and the fingerprint scanner specifically. But, after going to a Note 3 from an S4, I don't think I can go back to the smaller screen. Also right now they haven't released the 32GB versions of the S5 yet. If I was getting an S5 I would wait for that, but thats because I'm a storage hog. You can't go wrong with either of these devices, as usual it comes down to preference. You won't be disappointed getting a Note 3 though, it is a great device.

The S5 isn't all that. I took it back got the note 3. The 3 is so much smoother and faster. Battery life is way better and charges quicker surprisingly. I'd stick with the 3

Black 3

adam13141

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm actually glad to hear the S5 isn't that impressive. I always am tempted to buy the newest thing. I will stick with my Note 3 and wait for the Note 4 later this fall. Glad you are loving your Note 3.

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

If you don't mind the size, then you can't go wrong with a Note 3. Just greatness from top to bottom.

Posted via my Note 3

MasterElwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Then something was wrong with your unit. Speed and smoothness is the same, charging speed is about the same. I have both.

To S5 vs Note3:

Do you want the best camera possible: S5

Do you play to download many large games / apps? Note 3 (or wait for the 32GB S5)

Are the S-pen features a big plus for you? Note 3

Is water resistance a big plus for you? S5

Do you have a 7" tablet? (yes: both) (No: Note 3)

But the most important thing: Go to a store - and see which size you like better.

And dont?t let anyone fool you: Speed, smoothness, battery life, charging speed, screen quality are about the same. And both devices are awesome!

Mika Kat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

The S5 isn't all that. I took it back got the note 3. The 3 is so much smoother and faster. Battery life is way better and charges quicker surprisingly. I'd stick with the 3

Black 3

Doesn't the note 3 have USB 3.0 so it charges faster?

MasterElwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't the note 3 have USB 3.0 so it charges faster?

S5 also has USB 3.0

BUT: Only on an USB 3.0 PC-Port will you see a increase of charging speed when using an USB 3.0 cable. But the normal external wall charger charges still way faster - USB2 OR 3 cable - doesnt matter.

USB 2 to USB 3 = 0.5A
USB 3 to USB 2 = 0.5A
USB 3 to USB 3 = 1A

Wall charger USB2 OR USB3: 2A