Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default pdf file viewing problem - Help!

I have a Note3

- Today I had to scan a invoice and email it to someone. The printer saves the document as a pdf. I do this all the time. I cc'd myself, and when I received the email, I was unable to view it. When I open the email, and click "preview" is says "Sorry, this video cannot be played". The file has a pdf extension, but when i see the attachment in my email on my phone, it appears to have icon like its a video with a "play" button.

Whats happened? I have always been able to open scanned attachments. I even tried attaching an older file that was scanned, but again the phone seems to be interpreting the attachment as a video. I even checked my phone and downloaded Adobe Reader. No luck.

Default Re: pdf file viewing problem - Help!

Quote Originally Posted by CC212 View Post
    I have a Note3

- Today I had to scan a invoice and email it to someone. The printer saves the document as a pdf. I do this all the time. I cc'd myself, and when I received the email, I was unable to view it. When I open the email, and click "preview" is says "Sorry, this video cannot be played". The file has a pdf extension, but when i see the attachment in my email on my phone, it appears to have icon like its a video with a "play" button.

Whats happened? I have always been able to open scanned attachments. I even tried attaching an older file that was scanned, but again the phone seems to be interpreting the attachment as a video. I even checked my phone and downloaded Adobe Reader. No luck.
    Goto your Stock Video Player in Application Manager: Hit "Clear Defaults"...see if that helps.

Global Posts
    20,209 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: pdf file viewing problem - Help!

Or install Default App Manager and set the default app for pdf files to some pdf reader (I use Foxit).