Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issues with device stability?

I've had my Note for a couple weeks now, but last night it started freaking out, not letting me lock the screen and then not letting me unlock the screen. Freezing for minutes at a time, internet becoming spotty and riddled with lag and everytime I'm in an application for more than a few minutes and I click the home button the system asks me if I want to use Touchwiz or Touchwiz easy or whatever it's called. I thought maybe it was just a glitch to begin with but it's becoming extremely annoying. Does anyone know how to help with this?

Default Re: Issues with device stability?

Which Android version? Did you try rebooting? If that doesn't help, you could try a factory reset (use Samsung's Kies 3 first to back everything up).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Version 4.4.2 and ive rebooted. but now I'm losing a crap ton of battery. Like I've gone from 100 to 46% in three hours of literally not using my phone.

Global Posts
    15,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Back everything up. Go to Best Buy, find the Samsung guys and see if they'll flash 4.4.2 again for you. It seems as if some OTA upgrades just don't "take" properly. (Which is why I'm still on 4.3 with a frozen update app. My phone works, I still have root and I still have multi-slot Safestrap. Maybe this week I'll try some of the 4.4.2 ROMS - at least that way I can see if 4.4.2 is any better, and I can still go back to 4.3.)

Do you have a battery monitor installed that can tell you what's running and causing your battery drain?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    Do you have a battery monitor installed that can tell you what's running and causing your battery drain?
    I don't. What apps or what can I download to see that?

I use GSam Battery Monitor. It gives a lot of info including wakelocks.

Finally using Tapatalk on my Nexus 7