Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I update unlocked Note 3?

I purchased an AT&T Note 3 off contract, then purchased an unlock code, so I can use it with T-Mobile. I did not realize the phone had not yet updated to KitKat prior to unlocking it. So my question is, can I update it to KitKat without it becoming carrier locked again? If so, does anyone know the best way to do this?

I searched but did not find this exact issue, sorry if it's asked and answered previously, but I did at least try to find it.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

ROM
    OEM

Default Re: Can I update unlocked Note 3?

If you are using T-Mobile as your service provider, it will not get the KK update cause the phone has to log on to AT&T server. You might take it to Best Buy and have Samsung Experience update it for you. But it may require an active AT&T sim

Default Re: Can I update unlocked Note 3?

i have the same question, i bought an AT&T note 3 and had it unlocked and now want to update to KitKat, my problem is that i dont live in the US and i cant go to a BestBuy or use an AT&T sim, is there a way i can update my phone without losing the unlock?