Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android System still killing battery

After a restore, the system is still pulling the most power. Any other way to fix?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Android System still killing battery

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Mike View Post
    After a restore, the system is still pulling the most power. Any other way to fix?

just install 360 Security from play store, it wonders...

I'm also on a Note 3 with AT&T. Just got it 11 days ago. The other day I ended up at 40% battery by 1:30 in the afternoon after coming off the charger at 6:00 AM with just very moderate at best use. So I googled battery saving tips and gleaned from several different article and I also got a battery app to optimize. I turned off the feature that allows apps to still keep scanning using wifi. Settings>wifi>hit menu for Advanced>turn off Always allow scanning. (has to do with Google location services) I read that somewhere and changed the option. I also keep wifi off at work and now I am doing much better. I took phone off charger at 7 am and I'm at 95% with some light use-sent a text, downloaded the above mentioned app and read a little email. Hope this helps.

I was having the same problem...using about 15% battery every hour even with the screen off. I turned off the always allow scanning option and man what a difference. Going on 12 hours and still at 70% battery.

You need screenshots, etc. Pulling the most power is not necessarily bad or wrong. How about some screenshots of your battery graph, including one that shows the signal, wakes, charging, etc.

Sent from my Awesome Note 3

I haven't used my phone much, but until I started using it a few minutes ago, Android system was using the most.

BTW, unlike other phones, I have found it is best to turn wifi off and turn it on manually. Unlike other Android versions (it started with 4.3) wifi on will wake the phone all night.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I turned on background restriction so we'll see.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Android System still killing battery-2014-05-27-21-27-26.jpg  

I just completely turn off wifi and turn it on manually. It scans constantly now.

I have it set to not wake, but at night, I notice my phone wakes a lot if it is on, if it is off, it doesn't.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I have been fighting battery drain by Android System ever since kit Kat like a lot of people. Tried everything. Still no luck. I found another thread describing how to wipe the cache partition. Now my battery life is better than pre-kitkat! Try if you are having problems. It's quick and easy.

Here is what I did, thx goes to fantom305 :-)

Turn off the device.
    Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    Volume Up key
    Home key
    Power key
    When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and theHome key.
    When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
    Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
    Press the Power key to select. The phone will automatically restart after the cache is wiped.

I'm new here and am having the same problem with the battery. I'm going to try the suggestions here and see if that helps. Since the last update my battery is drained by 5:30pm when it would usually last until 11pm. I will keep you posted!! Thanks so much!

Tried a reset and android system is still at 22%. Bah.

Try going to the recovery screen.. Switch off your device. When you start up again press the volume up and home keys and then use the volume keys and wipe caches it would help you.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Same was happening to be, I disabled some of the Samsung apps, including push notifications and now I'm getting 6 hours of screen time and heavy use

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I have also disabled google now and am getting amazing screen time and android system is no longer the battery hog. It works!

Tried cache wipe.even then android system takes 20 %

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Android System still killing battery-screenshot_2014-06-09-13-00-52.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by almarsh78 View Post
    I was having the same problem...using about 15% battery every hour even with the screen off. I turned off the always allow scanning option and man what a difference. Going on 12 hours and still at 70% battery.

My question is, is that something you really want to turn off? I'm not sure. I assume that also means you have to remember to turn it on when you get home????
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"

Quote Originally Posted by clitrenta View Post
    My question is, is that something you really want to turn off? I'm not sure. I assume that also means you have to remember to turn it on when you get home????
    Yes, you really want to turn it off. No, you don't have to turn it on when you get home or anywhere else. It does nothing for you and will only drain battery.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I have noticed a pattern. On the days I'm at home, connected to WiFi all day, android system is a much lower battery hog than the screen. But on the days I'm at work and mainly on LTE, android system is always at the top and my device stays awake much more. This has to be an LTE radio issue in kit Kat.

Have you tried turning off the wifi setting that constantly scans under the advanced setting.
    Go to wifi
    Open it up
    Select your menu button
    Advanced
    Scroll down and you will see one that allows Google to keep checking. For lacations. Even if the wifi option is off on the front.
    It helped with my note ii

Sorry. Meant locations

I started having a problem with that as well but I was determined to do something about it. I think sometimes when they do major updates, it puts back settings you had turned off. Anyway, I went thru all my settings, turning off things I really didn't use or need. I have no real idea how much battery some of that stuff uses but I figure the more I turn off the better. I do NOT however sacrifice functionality for battery savings so I will not turn off or turn down things I use. That said, I must have found enough to tweak because now I'm doing much better than I had been. Some of that stuff seems to require a constant monitoring state so turning it off can only help. Like I said though, I will not turn off things I need/want. I have my display turned up to 100% because that's what I need/like. I realize that alone takes a fair amount of battery but that is also one thing I will not sacrifice. I still found enough to turn off to greatly improve things.
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"

Quote Originally Posted by w7sg View Post
    Here is what I did, thx goes to fantom305 :-)

Turn off the device.
    Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    Volume Up key
    Home key
    Power key
    When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and theHome key.
    When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
    Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
    Press the Power key to select. The phone will automatically restart after the cache is wiped.
    Does the phone automatically restart after the wiping the cache. Because I tried it last night and after it finished wiping the cache I let it sit for 10 min and it didn't restart automatically I had to press the volume key and choose restart the phone.
    Posted Via Dell Inspiron

Deleted - double post
    Last edited by Chpk; 07-10-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rvhs03 View Post
    I have noticed a pattern. On the days I'm at home, connected to WiFi all day, android system is a much lower battery hog than the screen. But on the days I'm at work and mainly on LTE, android system is always at the top and my device stays awake much more. This has to be an LTE radio issue in kit Kat.

I have this exact problem. At home I get a great battery life and at my work place I hardly get 2 hours screen time. Its really frustrating! Not sure if turning off Google Now will help, but will give it a try.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast