Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Multiwindow function

I have a new note 3 and am coming from a note 2. Loving it. Running kit kat and go launcher prime. (Do any of us run touch wiz?). At any rate, on my rooted note 2, I could put just about any app I wanted in the note 2 multitasking but I seem very, very limited with the note 3. Is there an app or way around this or do I have to root to get back all functionality. I like it okay but say I want to pay bills and I get on chrome to pay online and I want my check ledger app on the bottom window, can't do that anymore because it's not one of the apps included. Am I missing something. Is there a way to add apps to the choices you have when you edit your apps/task?

Would rooting solve this problem? It was nerve wracking when I rooted my note2, I was terrified I'd brick the phone cuz I'm really not a technology nerd. It all ended up fine. If I do root, last time I went to clean rom 3.3 (I think, know it was clean rom but not sure if I remember 3.3 right or not)

Default Re: Multiwindow function

Quote Originally Posted by lynnpudas View Post
    I have a new note 3 and am coming from a note 2. Loving it. Running kit kat and go launcher prime. (Do any of us run touch wiz?). At any rate, on my rooted note 2, I could put just about any app I wanted in the note 2 multitasking but I seem very, very limited with the note 3. Is there an app or way around this or do I have to root to get back all functionality. I like it okay but say I want to pay bills and I get on chrome to pay online and I want my check ledger app on the bottom window, can't do that anymore because it's not one of the apps included. Am I missing something. Is there a way to add apps to the choices you have when you edit your apps/task?

Would rooting solve this problem? It was nerve wracking when I rooted my note2, I was terrified I'd brick the phone cuz I'm really not a technology nerd. It all ended up fine. If I do root, last time I went to clean rom 3.3 (I think, know it was clean rom but not sure if I remember 3.3 right or not)
    You might try this app. It modifies the app you want to use to allow it to work with muli-window without rooting:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iwindow.enable

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

tried, didn't work. Thanks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by dss2000 View Post
    You might try this app. It modifies the app you want to use to allow it to work with muli-window without rooting:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iwindow.enable

Quote Originally Posted by lynnpudas View Post
    tried, didn't work. Thanks anyway.
    Yes, doesn't work with all apps. Which app do you want to use that didn't work? Chrome works for me.