Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Galaxy Note 3 and External Mics

I recently started producing videos for my company again. I had a Galaxy Note 3 but I could not get my wireless Bluetooth Mic set up to work with it. It is a Sony ECM-AW3, it has a bluetooth Mic and Receiver and then it plugs into the phone/camera via the 3.5mm jack. I used my Co-Worker's iPhone 5s and it works perfectly. I had to get a KVM cable to split it to mic. But when I record the camera app in the iPhone automatically uses and captures excellent sound.

The bad news is that I HATE this iphone and he HATES my Note 3. He has been begging me to trade back but I literally have to use it for the these I produce weekly. Honestly the video quality of the 5s camera is astonishing. Has anyone been able to use an external mic set up on the Note 3? If you did please let me know how you did it.

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 and External Mics

Yes, the Note 3 defaults to an external if one is plugged in. I use this adapter Amazon.com: D & K Exclusives PC Headset to 3.5mm Smartphone Adapter: Convert Dual 3.5mm to 3.5mm, PC Computer Headset to iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, Palm, Samsung, LG, HTC: Computers & Accessories

The road smart lav also works but I use various other 3.5 plug mics including the 18 dollar audio technica 3350 and some shotgun types.