Galaxy Note 3 and External Mics
I recently started producing videos for my company again. I had a Galaxy Note 3 but I could not get my wireless Bluetooth Mic set up to work with it. It is a Sony ECM-AW3, it has a bluetooth Mic and Receiver and then it plugs into the phone/camera via the 3.5mm jack. I used my Co-Worker's iPhone 5s and it works perfectly. I had to get a KVM cable to split it to mic. But when I record the camera app in the iPhone automatically uses and captures excellent sound.
The bad news is that I HATE this iphone and he HATES my Note 3. He has been begging me to trade back but I literally have to use it for the these I produce weekly. Honestly the video quality of the 5s camera is astonishing. Has anyone been able to use an external mic set up on the Note 3? If you did please let me know how you did it.
- 05-25-2014, 03:05 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Galaxy Note 3 and External Mics
Yes, the Note 3 defaults to an external if one is plugged in. I use this adapter Amazon.com: D & K Exclusives® PC Headset to 3.5mm Smartphone Adapter: Convert Dual 3.5mm to 3.5mm, PC Computer Headset to iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, Palm, Samsung, LG, HTC: Computers & Accessories
The road smart lav also works but I use various other 3.5 plug mics including the 18 dollar audio technica 3350 and some shotgun types.
- By George Palmer in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 07-08-2015, 02:47 PM
- By dhirensk in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 12-02-2014, 06:16 PM
- By modernRecluse in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 11-08-2014, 09:20 AM
- By ahampton0217#AC in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 6Last Post: 06-03-2014, 10:12 PM
- By Isc73 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-25-2014, 08:44 AM