Samsung Kies 3 installer

Chris8414

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Ive been through hell and back trying to get SAMSUNG KIES 3 installed on my pc

When trying to install it I get this message " The installation program will upgrade "samsung kies3" to install the latest version of SK3 you need to uninstall the previous version first. Do you want to uninstall the previous version and proceed with the installation? I click on yes, and after it loads the same Install Shield Wizard pops up. It wont install or uninstall anything. I have done the following. I have disabled my virus protection to see if it was blocking the installation, no luck. I even went into my virus protection and allowed the installation to take place, still no luck. I uninstalled the older kies myself and still no luck. I even forced stop all the Samsung kies programs, and updated my JAVA again to see if that would help, no luck This crap is pissing me off Samsung Kies is garbage. Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone know of a fix? The only reason why I want it is so i can do a backup on my computer. I'm not rooted, I'm stock!

I cant see to find any solutions online either, I don't know if its something on my end or Samsung end. Any help would be much appreciated!

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have this problem but try uninstalling any Kies that is still installed. Then right click on the install file and choose run as administrator. You may have some permissions on your computer preventing it. And do you have a firewall on your computer in addition to the antivirus? Check if that is blocking it.

Phil Brookes

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Having exactly the same problem. Same operating system. Tried everything you have over and over but still get the installer going around in circles.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Having exactly the same problem. Same operating system. Tried everything you have over and over but still get the installer going around in circles.

I've never had this issue, but others that do usually get it solved by using live support online chat at Samsung.com or calling Samsung. Either one should be able to walk you through getting it installed.

davidbenoit

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a level 2 tech at Samsung. They are unable to do anything about this issue. I gave up on it for 6 months and just decided to try to tackle it again today.They are unwilling (and untrained per the 2 techs I spoke to) to deal with any registry issues. So I went into the Registry via regedit and deleted everything related to Samsung. The ghost file still shows up under control panel > programs and features, with no option to remove or repair. I give up. The level 1 tech suggested I just back up the phone via drag and drop, lol. Which does nothing to sync calendars & contacts. Speaking of contacts, did they ever fix the problem with syncing contacts? Last time I synced 6 months ago it put over 1000 contacts from Outlook onto my phone. I'm kinda longing for the old days of my Blackberry!!!!
db

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt