Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Kies 3 installer

Ive been through hell and back trying to get SAMSUNG KIES 3 installed on my pc

When trying to install it I get this message " The installation program will upgrade "samsung kies3" to install the latest version of SK3 you need to uninstall the previous version first. Do you want to uninstall the previous version and proceed with the installation? I click on yes, and after it loads the same Install Shield Wizard pops up. It wont install or uninstall anything. I have done the following. I have disabled my virus protection to see if it was blocking the installation, no luck. I even went into my virus protection and allowed the installation to take place, still no luck. I uninstalled the older kies myself and still no luck. I even forced stop all the Samsung kies programs, and updated my JAVA again to see if that would help, no luck This crap is pissing me off Samsung Kies is garbage. Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone know of a fix? The only reason why I want it is so i can do a backup on my computer. I'm not rooted, I'm stock!

I cant see to find any solutions online either, I don't know if its something on my end or Samsung end. Any help would be much appreciated!

Default Re: Samsung Kies 3 installer

I didn't have this problem but try uninstalling any Kies that is still installed. Then right click on the install file and choose run as administrator. You may have some permissions on your computer preventing it. And do you have a firewall on your computer in addition to the antivirus? Check if that is blocking it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes sorry to mention I already did that! I still will not work. Running it as a administrator. Still doesnt work

You didn't say what operating system you're using but see if this thread helps: Installation of Samsung kies fails on my Windows 7 laptop - Super User
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Windows vista home premium 64 bit

What about the firewall? Did you turn it off?

Sent from my Awesome Note 3