Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jneusch
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 Service Issue

About a month ago I updated my phone. Can't remember specifically what it was but it was the 600MB update and ever since I did, I have trouble with picking up good phone service in buildings and on the highways. Before I did this update I don't recall the service being this bad. Any tips on the proper solution? Thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Note 3 Service Issue

Hi,

Sorry you're having those issues! This may seem drastic, and I'm sure you're going to hope for better answers, but I would HIGHLY recommend doing a complete factory reset after any major update. Some have no issue, some have a few and yet still other report major issues after these type of updates.

You can try going into recovery mode and doing a cache reset first, but I doubt that will help you, but try it first, it certainly can't hurt. If that fails to assist you, then I would do the complete reset. Be sure to back up all your pics, files etc!

Good Luck!
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

Note Edge (Personal) & iPhone 6 Plus (Work)
    Banned

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

Samsung devices are known for their bad radios! Maybe try to replace it!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy13 View Post
    Samsung devices are known for their bad radios! Maybe try to replace it!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌
    That seems extreme. I have had a Samsung phone side by side with an LG phone and the Sammy averaged 5 - 10 db better than the LG. Plus the LG would miss calls the Sammy would catch.

I agree that a factory reset is a good idea, but I would call AT&T first and ask them to refresh your sim card activation. Tech support can help with this.

Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
    H3aTeRzz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    That seems extreme. I have had a Samsung phone side by side with an LG phone and the Sammy averaged 5 - 10 db better than the LG. Plus the LG would miss calls the Sammy would catch.

I agree that a factory reset is a good idea, but I would call AT&T first and ask them to refresh your sim card activation. Tech support can help with this.

I may have to call ATT, I'm coming from a BB and I notice that my note 3 has less signal than my Q10 did. Does anyone know if this is normal?

I'm having the same problem. Service is drastically reduced to the point I don't have service I my own house.
    Was there any conclusion to this issue?

Tried:
    Hard reset
    Un root
    Flashed stock firmware
    Dumped catch

Any ideas are welcome, I'm not new to devices but I am here.
    Thanks again for any help

I took my note down to ATT and they switched out my SIM card. They also did something on their end and my service has improved a little.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I had the same issue with my note 3. It got worse signal and would drop calls were my previous phone an iPhone 5c would hold them. Called Att they did some things on their end and my service has been better. But still not great. Waiting for another high end Moto device to replace this. The radio just seems a little weak.
    Loving this Oneplus one!!