Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Messaging app opens itself

Title says it all. I'll be on facebook or just looking in my app drawer, and suddenly, without having received a message or tapping its app icon, the stock messaging app will just randomly open itself. I thought it was a specific message since its what kept opening so i deleted that thread, now its the app itself just opening up. Restarted the phone, uninstalled a couple of recently installed apps, and put my phone in a pentagram and read the bible backwards to no avail. Anyone else have this issue? Is this a new problem or is something wonky going on with my specific Note?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Messaging app opens itself

I caved and factory formatted the phone. Sad to have to do it, but I couldn't let it force me to stop what i was doing to back out of my messaging app. Before the format I cleared the cache for messaging, which did nothing, then i cleared the cache in reboot recovery, still nothing. At least I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Default Re: Messaging app opens itself

Factor reset has become my friend! With KIES, there's hardly anything that gets left out during restore. Glad you got it sorted out!
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T