Sending and receiving MMS on wifi

Elgin Gloria

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
hello guys again!

i have a question is there any way to receive and send mms on wifi?...

how can i do it?

because every time i receive and send a mms i need to turn off my wifi and turn on lte...

when im receiving a mms i just receive a text and a download button...if im wifi i cant download it i must be in lte to view the content...

thanks in advance guys!....

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
You can only download an MMS through your network carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
As Evil said, MMS is network carrier only (no wifi). While I am a Android fanboy, this is the one area where Apple has an advantage, since you have to use iMessage to send SMS and MMS on the iPhone, they simply drop wifi send (and/or receive) and then go back to wifi.

There are several Android SMS/MMS apps that claim to do this, I have tried them all, none of them seem to do it seamlessly. Our system alerting at work sends MMS, so when i get one, i toggle wifi off, download it, toggle wifi on. I wonder if i could automate that with Tasker?

Funny thing is my phone has "download booster" which uses both wifi and mobile network at the same time to speed up downloads, you would think if the phone is capable of doing that, it would figure this out. Well maybe with "L"

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
i toggle wifi off, download it, toggle wifi on. I wonder if i could automate that with Tasker?
An SMS Failure event might trigger on failure to download the MMS. Then you could turn Wifi off, use some 3rd party task to download the MMS and turn wifi back on. (I don't think Tasker has any "download MMS" function internally.)

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
probably not, gonna have to noodle on this a bit. Although 3 presses of the screen to get it is not the end of the world either (oh the 1st world problems we face!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay