- 5 Posts
Sending and receiving MMS on wifi
hello guys again!
i have a question is there any way to receive and send mms on wifi?...
how can i do it?
because every time i receive and send a mms i need to turn off my wifi and turn on lte...
when im receiving a mms i just receive a text and a download button...if im wifi i cant download it i must be in lte to view the content...
thanks in advance guys!....
- 06-29-2014, 07:51 PM #2
- 07-01-2014, 02:47 PM #4
Re: Sending and receiving MMS on wifi
As Evil said, MMS is network carrier only (no wifi). While I am a Android fanboy, this is the one area where Apple has an advantage, since you have to use iMessage to send SMS and MMS on the iPhone, they simply drop wifi send (and/or receive) and then go back to wifi.
There are several Android SMS/MMS apps that claim to do this, I have tried them all, none of them seem to do it seamlessly. Our system alerting at work sends MMS, so when i get one, i toggle wifi off, download it, toggle wifi on. I wonder if i could automate that with Tasker?
Funny thing is my phone has "download booster" which uses both wifi and mobile network at the same time to speed up downloads, you would think if the phone is capable of doing that, it would figure this out. Well maybe with "L"
- 07-02-2014, 04:53 PM #5
- 07-02-2014, 08:48 PM #6
- By Theetx in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-30-2015, 12:34 AM
- By bitek in forum Amazon Kindle Fire HDReplies: 6Last Post: 07-02-2014, 03:38 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 11Last Post: 07-02-2014, 02:13 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2014, 07:37 PM
- By shadeForm in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-29-2014, 07:10 PM