504 Gateway Time-out

504 Gateway Time-out

nginx
Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sending and receiving MMS on wifi

hello guys again!

i have a question is there any way to receive and send mms on wifi?...

how can i do it?

because every time i receive and send a mms i need to turn off my wifi and turn on lte...

when im receiving a mms i just receive a text and a download button...if im wifi i cant download it i must be in lte to view the content...

thanks in advance guys!....

ROM
    Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Default Re: Sending and receiving MMS on wifi

You can only download an MMS through your network carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ah ok...because my wife has a iphone and she send me a pic and I was on wifi so I received a text and a download link...thanks for the reply

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

As Evil said, MMS is network carrier only (no wifi). While I am a Android fanboy, this is the one area where Apple has an advantage, since you have to use iMessage to send SMS and MMS on the iPhone, they simply drop wifi send (and/or receive) and then go back to wifi.

There are several Android SMS/MMS apps that claim to do this, I have tried them all, none of them seem to do it seamlessly. Our system alerting at work sends MMS, so when i get one, i toggle wifi off, download it, toggle wifi on. I wonder if i could automate that with Tasker?

Funny thing is my phone has "download booster" which uses both wifi and mobile network at the same time to speed up downloads, you would think if the phone is capable of doing that, it would figure this out. Well maybe with "L"

Global Posts
    7,522 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by vr002sh View Post
    i toggle wifi off, download it, toggle wifi on. I wonder if i could automate that with Tasker?
    An SMS Failure event might trigger on failure to download the MMS. Then you could turn Wifi off, use some 3rd party task to download the MMS and turn wifi back on. (I don't think Tasker has any "download MMS" function internally.)

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

probably not, gonna have to noodle on this a bit. Although 3 presses of the screen to get it is not the end of the world either (oh the 1st world problems we face!)