Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Questions on Galaxy Note 3, and opinions needed on 4

Greetings. I currently have a Galaxy S4, which I usually like, other than laginess that never existed when I first bought it a year ago.

Anyhow...I want to upgrade to a Note 3. I want to be able to use the stylus to take notes, often at length, into Google Drive's word processing app and have my handwriting convert to text (as if I typed it).

First of all, is this possible? If not, is there an easy workaround that will let me handwrite lengthy notes into one app, and then copy/paste the converted text into a google doc?

Next question, which is more of an opinion solication. The Note 4 is coming relatively soon. I'm reading that it has a 2560 x 1440 display. That's nuts to me on such a small screen. I worry about the sacrifice in battery life due to the extra horsepower needed, but then again, the extra horsepower is probably only needed when playing a 3D game. Regular texting, internet surfing, note taking, etc probably wouldn't demand much more processing power. Right? Wrong?

Thoughts? I ask this because if I can reasonably easy handwrite lengthy notes into a Note and get the converted text into Google docs, then my next decision is whether to get the Note 3 now or wait for the Note 4.

Thanks in advance.