Screen On Time
Hi all, I just wanted to ask a question to see if anyone else has had this happen or has at least heard of it happening. About 2 times now, I'll get my phone off my desk and the screen is all lit on the lock screen including the menu and back button and my battery drops about 20%-30% from what it was it and then the temperature is usually around 110. Both times that it happened, I didn't do anything different from what I usually do when I'm done using my phone, I'll just press the lock button and then walk out of the room. The only thing I could think of is that something jammed the power button but I don't keep anything by the phone that could cause that. After the first time it happened, I did a master reset and didn't put any apps back on to see if it was an app issue and it still happened, I also did a wipe cache and it still happened. I'm not really sure what to do or if I should even call tech support (because I doubt they'd know what to do) and I'm pretty sure if I took to a device support center in my area they'd just think I'm crazy which is probably what y'all would think too.
- 07-28-2014, 01:13 PM #2
Re: Screen On Time
1) 110 degrees F or C? F would be a trifle high (I like to see mine between room temperature and 105, but 110 isn't that bad, even in an air-conditioned room). 110C? I'd keep the phone as far from anything living as I could.
2) It's not something keeping the power button pressed - that would keep restarting the phone. (Which is a good way to restart if you ever find the phone so badly lagged that you can't even get the restart/power off menu to come up - just hold the power button in until the phone restarts).
3) Assuming that nothing touched the power button (a quick touch will bring the screen up, and if you have it set for any lock screen other than None, you'll see the lock screen), and you don't have any apps running that turn the screen on when you turn the phone face up, I can't think of anything that would cause what you're seeing (other than a prankster).
If no one else comes up with anything, you can always bring the phone to a Device Support Center (ask your local AT&T store if they are one, or where the nearest one is) and ask if they have any ideas. The phone is still under warranty, so even if it needs replacement, it's not a problem. (Since you did a factory reset, I assume you have all your data backed up somewhere - an SD card, Google - so having the phone replaced won't cause you a problem.) They won't think you're crazy, some phones have some pretty weird problems. Now, if you told them that your phone took your car for a drive one night ...
Re: Screen On Time
Thank you! It is 100 F. And I close out of my apps when I'm done using it, and I was the only one home at the time so I don't think anyone could have touched it. But yeah I'm figuring a trip to DSC is my next step if it happens again.
- By mattsmusic in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 07-28-2014, 12:54 PM
HELP!!!! I rooted my phone and then did a fatory reset and now the screen is blank!! :( please help!By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-27-2014, 12:51 AM
- By Krismbarn in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-26-2014, 07:05 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-26-2014, 06:08 PM
- By oconnorm in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 0Last Post: 07-26-2014, 05:59 PM