Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does Anyone Know how to remove the Belt Clip from the Otterbox Defender Case?

Hi, just got a new Galaxy Note 3 and loving it so far. I bought an Otterbox Defender case which I love also, but I don't ever want to use the 3rd layer with the Belt Clip on it, except to protect the screen of the phone if it's dropped. I am not ever going to use it on my belt clip, so does anyone Know of a way to take the actual Clip off that layer without breaking it?

I know I can get a replacement of the layer with the belt clip on Amazon, but would like to try to remove it if I get some help. Thanks in advance.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Global Posts
    819 Global Posts

Default Re: Does Anyone Know how to remove the Belt Clip from the Otterbox Defender Case?

If I'm reading you right you cannot just take the belt clip off with this third layer. I'm a bit confused but if you're talking about the holster, you don't need that anyways for protection. It's only if you want to use it as a belt clip.

I hope I'm understating you correctly...

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Does Anyone Know how to remove the Belt Clip from the Otterbox Defender Case?

Yeah, it was the holster part with the clip. I ended up just removing the plastic screen protector from the defender and putting on an iloome flex tempered glass screen protector. It worked great on my note 2 with a different case, and now it works good on the otterbox defender case also with my note 3. Thanks for the reply though.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 

Global Posts
    819 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andy847 View Post
    Yeah, it was the holster part with the clip. I ended up just removing the plastic screen protector from the defender and putting on an iloome flex tempered glass screen protector. It worked great on my note 2 with a different case, and now it works good on the otterbox defender case also with my note 3. Thanks for the reply though.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
    I did the same thing with my otterbox defender. Took the crappy plastic screen protector off, and I have the bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector on.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk